Looking For Appetizer Ideas
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE If you are interested in any of the items I may have used in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
Tips For The Best Bacon Wrapped Dates:
- Baking Dates Make sure to Preheat oven to 425 degrees. This allows for the bacon to get crispy and the dates tender.
- Serve Warm or Room Temperature Allow to cool slightly before serving. We think these taste great at room temperature.
- Pit the Dates Before baking, if you bought sweet dates that have a pit, make sure to remove it. Use a knife to cut the pits out.
- Seam Side Wrap the bacon around the bacon making sure to close with a toothpick on the seem side. This ensure that the pit doesnt open.
- Cheese Instead of goat cheese, you can also stuff with cream cheese or blue cheese. Both are a delicious combination with the dates.
- Bacon You may need to cut the bacon in thirds so that you dont a lot of extra bacon after wrapping the dates.
- Crispier Bacon If you prefer you bacon to be extra crispy, you can bake a little longer or for the last minute broil the dates.
- Wrapping the Dates When wrapping the dates with the bacon, make sure you only wrap them around once. Otherwise, the bacon will not cook or get crispy.
Recipe Tips And Variations
- Yield: This easy appetizer recipe makes eight 5-link servings of Bacon Wrapped Smokies. I find this to be a satisfying portion for a game day snack or potluck menu addition, but feel free to scale up or down as needed to feed your crew.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make ahead: The smokies can be wrapped in bacon a day in advance. Store covered in the refrigerator until youre ready to bake them.
Recommended Reading: Cook Breakfast Sausage In Oven
Best Bbq Sauce For Glazing Lil Smokies
Whether you like your barbeque sauce tangy, sweet, or spicy, anything goes with this recipe so choose your favorite!
Tomato-based, vinegar-based or mustard-based barbecue sauces will all taste fantastic, and each will bring out distinctive flavors of the savory sausage links and bacon strips.
Want more saucy ideas? Heres a guide to 12 regional barbecue sauce styles.
How To Make Little Smokies With Brown Sugar
Wrap one piece of bacon around one little smokie and place in pan. No need to secure with a toothpick, just place it seam down.
Wrapped in bacon no toothpicks needed
The pan you use makes a big difference. I asked my mom how she did it and she said she uses a glass baking dish, not a foil lined baking sheet.
To clean up after, she fills the pan with hot tap water and lets it sit for a few minutes. The caramelized sugar dissolves away.
Topped with Brown Sugar Before Marinating
After all the sausages have been wrapped in bacon, sprinkle with the brown sugar.
A smaller pan works well for this so the sugar ends up on top of the sausages and not in between cracks and rows.
After adding the sugar, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. They can be cooked right away if you wish, but they come out 10 times better if you wait!
How the sugar looks after marinating
This was my moms #1 tip. Letting them marinate makes all the difference in flavor.
Read Also: Roasting Sweet Potatoes In The Oven
Bacon Wrapped Dates With Goat Cheese:
These goat cheese dates are a crowd favorite. The sweet and salty mixture makes this easy appetizer making you go back for more. Medjool dates and pitted and then filled with goat cheese. Wrapping the dates takes them to the next level.
The smoky bacon is cooked crispy in the oven which makes this appetizer even better. The bacon allows the dates to cook tender leaving them full of flavor and moist.
Impress your guest at your next game day party or for the holidays and make these goat cheese stuffed dates. They take just about 20 minutes to prepare and heat in the oven and your guest be wanting more.
Can I Make This Appetizer Recipe Ahead Of Time
We prefer these little smokies to be cooked right before serving, but you can prep them ahead of time to make it easy! Wrap the hot dogs in bacon and secure with toothpicks, then mix together the brown sugar rub, but dont toss the hot dogs yet.
Place the mini hot dogs wrapped in bacon in the refrigerator. Take them out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature then toss in the brown sugar rub and bake.
Recommended Reading: Kitchen Aid Double Wall Oven
What You Need To Air Fry Food
- Air Fryer Machine: In Sip Bite Go recipe tutorials, youll see the higher end model, the Philips Airfryer XXL Digital. Other popular air fryers include the Ninja Foodi, NuWave, and Black & Decker.
- Air Fryer Accessories: Save time with reusable air fryer basket liners and this bundle of air fryer accessories.
Ingredients For Bacon Wrapped Smokies
For this easy appetizer you will need only three ingredients:
- Little Smokies I use Hillshire Farm Litl Smokies, but any pre-cooked Cocktail Wieners/Mini Sausages will work. There are many varieties. Beef, Pork and Chicken, Turkey, Cheddar etc. Pick your favorite.
- Bacon Regular, not thick cut. Center cut bacon will have more meat, if you dont like it to be super fatty.
- Brown Sugar Sweetens and caramelizes the outside.
Don’t Miss: Le Creuset Large Dutch Oven
Bacon Wrapped Weenies In The Oven
Madisonsdish.com provides more than 600 000 recipes from all countries over the world. In Madisonsdish, you can easily find your deserved recipes by using filtering by category function or you can use searching bacon wrapped weenies in the oven on the top of page.
PAGE CREATED ON : 10/03/2022LAST UPDATED DATE : 10/03/2022
In additon, if you are in diet, you can find the helpful recipes by Finding Recipes . That is special bacon wrapped weenies in the oven helps you searching by ingredients, nutrions and categories.
How To Make Little Smokies
Recommended Reading: Kitchen Aid Wall Oven Microwave Combo
How To Grill Little Smoky Bacon Wraps
If you want to grill these tasty bacon hors doeuvres, just put them on a greased foil pan and cook them over medium heat.
Check and turn frequently until theyre golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush with your favorite barbeque sauce. Return to the oven, cook a minute or two longer, and serve.
Why These Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs Are The Best
- Quick and easy demonstration steps with photos.
- Have mini hot dogs? Learn how to make cocktail hot dogs wrapped in bacon, too.
- Cook them any way youd like! See directions on how to cook bacon wrapped hot dogs on the grill, baked in the oven, or air fryer cooked.
- Want to make it healthier? Replace strips of bacon with turkey bacon and use alternative hot dogs.
- Done cooking in about 15 minutes.
- Super freakin delicious.
Also Check: Samsung Oven Won’t Heat Up
Ingredients For This Recipe
You just need a few ingredients to make bacon wrapped hotdogs
- Hot dogs 5 standard size hot dogs OR ~15 mini hot dogs.
- Bacon 1 or 2 slices for standard hot dogs, ½ a slice of bacon for make this a mini hot dogs recipe with little Oscar Mayer weiners.
- My favorite condiments shredded cheddar cheese + bbq sauce with medium heat. But mustard ketchup and relish are good as well!
- Optional add a sprinkle of brown sugar to bacon before wrapping the hot dogs to add a little sweetness to this bacon wrapped hot dog recipe.
Faqs For Making Bacon Hot Dogs
What are bacon wrapped hot dogs called?
Bacon wrapped hot dogs actually have a name all of their owndanger dogs! Dont ask me how they earned this title. Danger dogs were made popular by street sellers in Mexico, but now theyre popular all over. In fact, the city of Los Angeles declared bacon wrapped hot dogs to be the official hot dog of LA.
Can I use polish sausages in place of hot dogs in this recipe?
Sure! Polish sausages work well in this recipe. Serve your bacon wrapped kielbasa with sauerkraut or a simple avocado ranch salad.
What condiments go well with bacon-wrapped hot dogs?
What should I serve with bacon-wrapped hot dogs?
Can you slow cook hot dogs with bacon?
I dont find this to be a great slow cooker hot dog recipe because bacon needs high heat to get crispy. Its not going to save time to slow cook the hot dogs, because the bacon will need time to cook in the oven so choose one of the other methods shared here for best results.
Will bacon wrapped mini hot dogs cook faster than standard sized hot dogs?
Don’t Miss: Can Tfal Pans Go In The Oven
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Dates:
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 Cut each bacon in half and cut each of the dates in half lengthwise.
- Step 3 Remove the pits in the dates and use a small spoon to put goat cheese in the cavity of each of the dates. Then press the date pieces back together.
- Step 4 Wrap each of the dates with a slice of the bacon and secure it to the date with a toothpick.
- Step 5 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place the bacon wrapped dates on the baking sheet.
- Step 6 Bake for 8-10 minutes until browned. Then flip each of the dates and bake for 8-10 more minutes until the opposite sides are browned.
- Step 7 Remove the dates from the oven and let the dates sit for 5 minutes.
- Step 7 Top the dates with the fresh chopped parsley and then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Dont use thick sliced bacon: Thick sliced bacon will take too long to get crispy in the oven, so just use a regular slice bacon for this recipe.
Make sure the hot dogs are dry: Dry the hot dogs off very well with paper towels so the bacon doesnt slide off when wrapping.
Take the chill off: If making these hot dogs ahead of time, make sure to take the out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature before putting them into the oven. This will help the bacon to crisp up more quickly.
Recommended Reading: Conveyor Pizza Oven For Sale
How Do You Cook Bacon
Can I Make These In Advance
You can definitely prepare these cocktail weiners in advance. I actually love to get all the prep work done beforehand, and then just pop them in the oven right before guests arrive. Prepare them as instructed and place the baking sheet in the fridge. If theyll be in the fridge for more than a couple hours, cover the pan with plastic wrap or foil.
You can also freeze lil smokies wrapped in bacon. Assemble them as directed above, freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer bag. Just let them thaw and bake per the recipe instructions. Note that I really only recommend doing this with the bacon brown sugar smokies, as you want the pineapple and jalapeno slices to be fresh.
Recommended Reading: How To Use Self Clean Oven
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Cooking air fryer bacon wrapped hot dogs couldnt be any easier!
Ingredient Bacon Wrapped Smokies Recipe
3 ingredient bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar is the perfect party food! A simple Lil smokies recipe that will blow your mind. Sweet and savory in each bite of these brown sugar little smokies. Give this bacon wrapped little smokies recipe a try tonight.
My sister introduced me to these so many years ago. Since then I have always made these for football season snacking.
Recommended Reading: Electric Oven Won’t Heat Up
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Smokies
JUST 3 INGREDIENTS!! Not only are these little smokies delicious, but theyre simple! Just THREE ingredients are neededsmokies, brown sugar, and bacon , plus only 5 minutes of prep time!
WRAP. Wrap each smokie with a piece of bacon. Secure bacon in place with a toothpick.
SPRINKLE. Place smokies on a baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle brown sugar over the smokies.
BAKE. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
So simple and perfect for any party or get together.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Bacon In The Oven At 375
Place the bacon in a cold oven, and set the oven temperature to 375°F. Bake the bacon in the oven for 15-20 minutes total. If you are doing more than one pan of bacon, rotate sheet pans from top to bottom halfway through. If you are not using a baking rack, flip the bacon strips halfway through cooking.
You May Like: Best Microwave Convection Oven Combo
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Flavor Fest! Add some serious flavor to your bacon-wrapped hot dogs by smearing them with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- tip 2 Have Fun With Your Fixins! Bacon-wrapped hot dogs are especially good when served with slices of American cheese, sliced jalapeño chiles, and fresh lettuce and tomatoes
How Do You Reheat Bacon Wrapped Smokies
The best way to reheat this hot dog appetizer is in the oven. That ay the bacon will crisp up again, as opposed to microwaving which can leave the bacon soft.
Place the little smokies on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for just about 10 minutes until they are warned through.
When heating the hot dogs in the microwave, heat for only 15-20 seconds just until they are warmed through.
Recommended Reading: Stainless Steel Pan In Oven
The Best Bacon For Wrapping
Thin-sliced bacon is perfect for this recipe. By the time the bacon bakes in the oven to a crispy, golden brown, the juicy sausages are perfectly cooked.
Ever wondered how many slices are in a pound of thin-sliced bacon? The number is usually between 20 and 24. See? You really do learn something new every day.
Center cut bacon is especially ideal for this recipe, and thats what I used for this batch because I wanted it to photograph well. Each short piece covers 2 Little Smokies sausages .
Regular bacon works just fine, but the end pieces can be a little unpredictable in terms of curling and shrinkage. Feel free to use whatever bacon you prefer!
Can You Freeze Uncooked Bacon Wrapped Dates
Bacon Wrapped Dates can made ahead of time and refrigerator or placed in the freezer. If you plan on freezing them, place them on a baking sheet to freeze them individually.
Then once they are frozen, place in an air tight container or freezer bag and freeze. They will last about a month in the freezer.
Also Check: Chicken Cooking Temperature In Oven
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
First grab a package of those fun little hot dogs we all love, little smokies. Of course, we all love the most traditional appetizer made with these mini hot dogs, Pigs in a Blanket, weve got you covered there too.
Cut the bacon strips into thirds and then wrap each piece of bacon around a hot dog. Place a toothpick through the seam and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Mix brown sugar, dry mustard and cayenne pepper together in a bowl and then toss the little smokies in the sugar a few at a time.
Place the sugar coated hot dogs back on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes in a 400 degree oven. The bacon will crisp up and caramelize with the brown sugar topping.
How To Make Little Smokies In The Oven
Read Also: Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Reviews