Oven Baked Salmon In Foil
An oven baked piece of salmon in foil is one of the easiest and tastiest meals I can make!
Quit simple less than 5 minutes preparation and 20 minutes in the oven this meal in less than 30 minutes is so amazingly fresh, zesty and easy! I truly love having meals that take very little effort to prepare. Cooking time doesnt particularly bother me too much as I am lucky that I am home and can pop on my meals whenever needed. However, this salmon dish is so easy, it is perfect for all of you who are pressed for time and get home from work and someone that seems that little bit fancy in a minimal amount of time.
This is such a great recipe that I am adding it to the 365 meal plans as it works in well for a perfect midweek recipe when we are all a little tired and dont want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
Feel free to change to any kind of fish or seafood, and any kind of vegetable. If swapping out any of the ingredients just watch your cook time increasing for larger pieces of protein. Also if using any vegetables that take more time to cook it may be worth steaming them before the bake to ensure everything cooks perfectly in the bag.
I will say the vegetables really shine in this dish as they are sucking up all the flavours of the salmon, butter, herbs and spices. Seriously this salmon is beautiful!
I hope you enjoy. Please comment below your thoughts on this dish and please connect with us on Facebook if you havent already.
Garlic Butter Baked Salmon In Foil Recipe
Salmon like any other type of fish is one of the easiest meals you can whip up on a very busy weeknight. This recipe is super easy and it only takes about 30 minutes to come together. Fish doesnt take long to cook and that is one of the reasons why I love making it.
I am slowly building my seafood repertoire for the blog, most times. I cant wait to share them with you. Currently, on the blog I have honey garlic salmon, it is one of my favourite way of cooking salmon and this super easy instant pot cod. It is the summer season and I have no excuse but to deliver with the best baked or grilled fish recipe you will all love.
I incorporate fish into our weekly meals and we eat fish at least twice a week either as part of our breakfast or dinner. Salmon is high in protein and rich in omega 3 Fatty acid and a good source of potassium.
Can I Use Baking Paper Instead Of Foil For Fish
You want to steam your fish, not drown it. If using an acidic liquid in your recipe, always opt to use parchment paper because the acid may react with aluminum foil. And, never substitute waxed paper for parchment!
Can I use baking paper instead of foil?
For oven use, replace foil with parchment paper. For food prep, wax paper is non-stick and can be an alternative to foil.
Don’t Miss: Ninja Food Air Fry Oven
Baked Salmon For Everyone
Regardless of what diet you do or do not follow, I hope youll try this Whole30 Salmon recipe no matter what.
- Its a lovely combination of creamy, flaky, and fresh.
- Every forkful tastes wholesome in a rich, nourishing way that feels restorative and satisfying and not at all like what you are eating is diet food.
- Because it is so fast and simple to prepare, it will be a trusty companion on busy weeknights too.
How To Make Garlic Salmon With Butter And Lemon
This easy baked salmon recipe is only 10 ingredients including salt and pepper, yet it tastes as if it could have come from a restaurant.
When it comes to what you should put on your salmon, garlic, butter, and lemon are at the very top of the list.
These flavors go well with salmon and pair beautifully together.
Also Check: Wood Fire Outdoor Pizza Oven
Lay A Large Sheet Of Foil On A Baking Sheet
- Youll want a piece large enough to fully wrap around your piece of fish, with plenty of overhang on all sides to make a foil packet.
- I recommend using a heavy-duty foil or at least slightly thicker foil, as it is less prone to tearing.
- The baking sheet is there so its easy to carry to your grill. When youre done grilling, you can slide the foil packet right back onto it, then carry it straight to the kitchen .
- If you do not want your food to touch the foil directly, lay a sheet of parchment paper on top of the foil to act as a barrier. Cooking food directly in foil has been noted as a health concern by some, so do whatever makes you the most comfortable.
How Do I Store And Reheat Salmon
Leftovers Transfer leftover salmon to an airtight glass container and keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Or, portion them out into meal prep containers to have for lunches throughout the week. Alternatively, see the recipes listed down below to see what you can make with leftover salmon before storing it!
Freezer You can freeze cooked salmon by placing completely cooled salmon in an airtight freezer-friendly container or freezer bags. Keep in the freezer for up to 4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Reheating You can heat the leftover salmon in the microwave. Add a splash of water if youre worried it will dry out. You can also reheat this on the stovetop. Add some olive oil to a hot pan and add the salmon to it. Cook until heated through.
Recommended Reading: Oven Temp For Baked Salmon
Is It Better To Bake Salmon At 350 Or 400
As salmon lovers and cooks, it can be hard to decide which oven temperature is best for cooking the delicate fish. But according to some, it may be better to bake salmon at 350 degrees Fahrenheit rather than 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Well, as anyone who has cooked a piece of salmon at both temperatures knows, the lower temperature results in a more tender and delicious dish.350 degrees Fahrenheit also produces an evenly browned exterior and interiora trait that many chefs find irresistible.
Why You’ll Love Baked Sockeye Salmon
This sockeye salmon recipe will be your new go-to way to cook fish.
Sockeye salmon tends to be thinner than other types of salmon and it’s easy to overcook. This recipe locks in the flavor and moisture while baking and results in a richly flavorful and tender fish.
You’ll top the salmon with oil, garlic, herbs, and lemon – simple but fantastic flavors that pair beautifully with fish. Optionally, you can finish the dish with some fresh dill which adds another lovely kick of flavor!
Recommended Reading: Air Fry Oven Chicken Wings
How Long To Bake Salmon In The Oven
Fold edges of parchment paper over the fish several times to seal into an airtight packet. Place sealed packet onto a baking sheet. Bake fish on the bottom rack of oven until salmon flakes easily and meat is pink and opaque with an interior of slightly darker pink color, about 25 minutes.
Can You bake salmon in parchment paper?
The beauty of cooking salmon in parchment paper is that the veggies soak up some lovely flavor from the salmon, and vice versa. Heres all youll need to prep salmon baked in parchment paper:
What Is The Best Oven Temperature To Cook Salmon
The best oven temperature to cook salmon is around 145 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature will ensure that the salmon is cooked through and doesnt over rare or overcook. There are many factors to consider when cooking salmon, including the oven temperature. Here is a ranking of the best oven temperatures to cook salmon according to consumer reviews.
You May Like: Electric Wall Oven 24 Inch
Faqs About Cooking Fish
How long should I cook fish at 350 degrees?
Fish is typically cooked after 20 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree oven. But temperatures vary, so make sure to check that the fish is done before serving.
Could I use this recipe camping?
Yes! You can totally use this recipe while you are camping. I would recommend cooking it in foil over a fire for 15-20 minutes. Cooking time can vary, however, so make sure that the fish is done cooking before serving.
What side dish goes well with baked salmon?
I think anything can go well with baked salmon. I enjoy corn on the cobb, rice, quinoa or mashed potatoes. If I had extra time, I would also think a risotto would be amazing with salmon.
Is 425 Too High For Salmon
When it comes to salmon, some people are convinced that 425 degrees Fahrenheit is too high for the fish. Others think that its a safe temperature for the fish and would still enjoy eating them at this point in their life. There is no right or wrong answer, but there are some things you should keep in mind when deciding if 425 degrees is too high for salmon.
You May Like: Z’s Brick Oven Pizza
Ideas For Leftovers And Reheating
Cooked salmon can be eaten the next day!
- My favorite ways to enjoy leftover cooked salmon leftover are on top of a salad , scrambled with eggs, or mixed into a simple pasta. You could also use it in this recipe for Healthy Shrimp Scampi!
- Store cooked baked salmon in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
- If youd like to reheat the salmon, be slow and gentle so that the salmon doesnt dry out. I recommend reheating individual portions, either in the microwave on low power, or in a skillet.
- To reheat in a skillet: Let the salmon come to room temperature. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium. Once it is hot, add the salmon and a splash of water, then immediately cover it. Let the salmon steam, just until it is heated through, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- To reheat in the microwave: Let the salmon come to room temperature. Gently warm on medium-low power, just until warmed through.
- You can freeze baked salmon. Remove it from the skin and freeze in an airtight container for up to two months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. From here, you can use it in any recipe that calls for canned salmon, toss it into a pasta, or use it to make this easy Salmon Patty recipe.
How To Tell When Salmon Is Finished Cooking
The eternal question! The greatest of salmon crimes is overcooking.
- As this Salmon Temperature Guide outlines, the best way to tell if salmon is done is to use an instant read thermometer like this one. Remove the salmon at 135 degrees F, then let it rest.
- The FDA recommends cooking salmon to 145 degrees F, but its temperature will continue to rise as it rests.
- If you dont have a meat thermometer, you can check for doneness by taking a sharp knife and peeking into the thickest part of your salmon. If it is beginning to flake, but still has a little translucency in the middle, it is done.
- If your piece is thinner check several minutes early to ensure your salmon does not overcook. If your piece is very thick , it may need longer.
Read Also: Conventional Oven To Air Fryer Conversion
Do You Need To Put Oil On Aluminum Foil
Oil is a necessary part of many cooking and baking recipes, but it is also a dangerous ingredient to use on aluminum foil. If you do not put oil on aluminum foil, your food will stick to the foil and make a mess.No, there is no need to do so. If youre using aluminum foil for cooking or storing food, its important to put some oil on it so that your food doesnt stick.
Many people dont realize this, and end up putting oil on their aluminum foil without realizing it. This can cause problems down the road, as hot oil will cook through the foil and create a mess. In order to avoid this, make sure to put some oil on your aluminum foil before use.
How To Make Grilled Salmon Easy And Perfect Every Time
While you can grill salmon without foil , I find that the best way to grill a fish is with a foil packet.
- Using foil to make a packet around the salmon keeps the salmon moist when grilling. It ensures the salmon turns out perfectly tender and flaky, not dry.
- With the foil method, you also dont need to worry about the salmon falling apart or sticking to the grill grates.
Avoid sad, stuck-on, dry salmon: use foil to grill!
Don’t Miss: Replacing Heating Element In Whirlpool Oven
Baked Salmon Fillets Recipe Variations
Make salmon fillets in foil your way with our tasty swaps and ideas
Try Thai style salmon top the salmon filets with Thai green curry paste and rub in to coat well. You could add in some baby corn or broccoli florets.
Go for Italian salmon top the salmon with green or red pesto, and add in some torn basil leaves, maybe a handful of black olives and some capers.
Try Indian spiced salmon spread your favourite curry paste over the salmon, add in some thinly sliced potatoes and some halved baby plum tomatoes.
Try a different fish you could make this recipe with any fish you like try cod fillets, sea bass, sardines or even some king prawns. Just adjust your cooking times accordingly.
Turn the salmon baked in foil into a complete meal parcel add a layer of thinly sliced potatoes, some halved cherry tomatoes and then top with the salmon and your favourite spices.
More Mediterranean Diet Recipes
This healthy oven baked salmon recipe is a tasty Mediterranean-style way to serve fish. Here are a few more of our favorite Mediterranean diet recipes:
- Best Damn Lentil Soup What makes this the best lentil soup? Lets just say that everyone weve served it to immediately asks for the recipeand seconds.
- Nicoise Salad This classic French main dish salad is legendary: for good reason! Its protein-packed, doused in zingy dressing, and makes a stunning lunch or dinner.
- Mediterranean Couscous Bowls A fast weeknight dinner, featuring quick-cooking couscous with chickpeas and a creamy tahini sauce.
Whats The White Stuff On Salmon When Cooked
Whats that gooey white stuff that sometimes appears on the surface of the fish after its cooked? Alex and I have had this happen more often lately, so we set to researching what causes this phenomenon. Good news: its perfectly normal!
The white stuff is coagulated protein that seeps to the surface while baking, called albumin. The amount of albumin varies greatly depending on the fish, so its not something you can control. Its safe to eat, but it does look less than appetizing on top of a beautiful fillet.
Here are a few ways to reduce the albumin when you cook salmon:
- Cook it at a lower temperature to cook it more gently
- Brine the salmon in a salt and water solution before baking
How To Make Baked Salmon In Foil
Preheat the oven to 400F/200C
Season the salmon with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
To the melted butter, add minced garlic, dried parsley, dried dill, red chili flakes and mix to combine.
Place the salmon skin side down on an aluminium foil large enough to wrap the salmon
Drizzle the garlic butter sauce on top of the salmon making sure it is well covered. Finally, squeeze some lemon juice on top of the fish about two teaspoons
Wrap the fish with the foil by folding the longest part over once another to make a long rectangle the fold the ends of the foil to cover the fish.
Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. The thickness of my salmon is 1.5 inch. Take the fish out of the oven once it is done and carefully open the foil so the steam can escape
This last step is optional: broil the salmon for another 3 minutes for crispy topping. Serve immediately with other mains of choice.
You May Like: Frozen Chicken Breast Oven Recipe
Garlic Butter Salmon In Foil
Easiest tin foil dinner! Simply bake right in your foil packet. Quick, easy, and effortless with seriously zero clean-up!!
You know I can never resist a good tin foil dinner.
Because really, at the end of the day, and literally, at the end of the night, no one wants to do a pile of dirty dishes.
And Ive said this a million times before.
Serve your dinner in the foil packet as is. Theres no shame in that.
Can You Use Parchment Paper Instead Of Foil For Fish
You want to steam your fish, not drown it. If using an acidic liquid in your recipe, always opt to use parchment paper because the acid may react with aluminum foil.
Is parchment paper the same as baking paper?
Baking paper also known as bakery paper or parchment paper, as it is often called especially in the US is greaseproof paper that is used for baking and cooking. Baking paper is the multi-purpose kitchen helper that can be used for several different applications.
Also Check: 27 Inch Wall Oven In Stock