How Long Does It Take To Bake Turkey Bacon
People often ask how long it takes to bake turkey bacon. The answer is usually pretty long, but there is a lot of variation. In general, it usually takes around an hour and a half to bake turkey bacon.
Turkey bacon is a popular dish that takes time to bake. The cook time for this dish can vary depending on the recipe, so it is important to read the instructions carefully. Baking turkey bacon can take anywhere from 20-30 minutes, but it can also be shorter if the recipe calls for baking in a smaller pan.
How Do You Know When Turkey Bacon Is Done
Frying turkey bacon in a skillet for eight to ten minutes altogether, with a few minutes of cooking on each side, will reveal whether or not the bacon is cooked through. The bacon should become crispy and a wonderful deep brown color, and there should be no pink or transparent flesh visible in the bacon.
How Long To Bake Turkey Bacon
Watch the bacon closely the first time that you make it to make sure that you do not overcook it. I have found that different brands of turkey bacon cooks a little differently. But for the most part we bake it for about 10 minutes after it has been flipped. The cooking time could vary.
We love crispier bacon. So we tend to leave it in a little longer so it makes the perfectly crispy bacon.
Recommended Reading: 6 In 1 Air Fryer Oven
Expert Tips & Variations
- Pat dry. When you remove the bacon from the package, it might be wet. Pat it dry with a paper towel. Excess moisture prevents it from crisping up.
- Place the strips in a single layer. You do not want to stack or overlap the strips. It will not get crispy.
- Use a wire rack. This allows air to circulate underneath the strips of bacon and makes it extra crispy. If you do not have one, place the bacon directly on the parchment paper & flip halfway through cooking.
- Keep an eye on the bacon. If you prefer it chewy instead of crispy, you may have to reduce the cook time. Check it after 10 and 20 minutes. If you like it well done & broil it at the, set a timer. It will burn very easily.
- Add pepper. Some brands make a black pepper flavor, like Wellshire. You can also add fresh cracked black pepper before baking.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Use leftovers on top of soups, baked potatoes, in salads, wraps, sandwiches, or egg scrambles.
Baking Turkey Bacon Tips:
- Make sure that you watch you bacon closely. Once you find the brand of turkey that you like, I will make note of how it takes to reach that level of crispness that my family loves.
- As you probably have discovered, pork bacon has a lot more fat than turkey does. To ensure that the fat removes for the bacon properly, you can put a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and this allows the fat to drip into the baking sheet.
- Have you tried black pepper bacon? I will occasionally make some for me family by sprinkling about a teaspoon on the bacon before baking it.
- Not only is turkey bacon good with a side of eggs or your favorite breakfast item. It is great, crumbled over mashed potatoes or in a breakfast burrito.
- We also love to make Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken. Everything cooks in the oven, so no need to pre-cook the bacon.
Also Check: Single Gas Wall Oven 24 Inch
How Long Should I Cook Turkey Bacon
The timing can vary a bit depending on how you like your bacon. After about 8 minutes at 425 degrees it is cooked and you could eat it, but if you like it a bit more crispy you might want to let it cook for about 12-13 minutes. Just keep your eye on it and remove it from the oven when it looks good to you!
How To Choose Turkey Bacon
When choosing turkey bacon, look for brands that are lower in sodium and fat. You can also find turkey bacon that is pre-cooked, which can save you time. If you are watching your weight, opt for uncured turkey bacon, as it is lower in calories. When shopping for turkey bacon, check the label to make sure it does not contain nitrates or preservatives. Choose turkey bacon that is made from 100% natural ingredients for the healthiest option.
Recommended Reading: Lg Air Fry Oven Recipes
How To Make Turkey Bacon In Oven
Is Turkey Bacon Healthy
Turkey bacon is a lower-fat option than regular bacon. It is oftentimes more low-carb and keto-friendly as well. Regular pork bacon tends to have added sugars therefore, turkey bacon can be a better option for lower carbohydrate diets. It is a great alternative to pork bacon in my Brussels Sprouts with Bacon recipe.
Turkey bacon is also a lower-sodium often. To find out more about if turkey bacon is healthy and what is turkey bacon made from, check out this article from HealthLine – Is Turkey Bacon Healthy Nutrition, Calories, & More.
- TURKEY BACON VS PORK BACON
- 70 CALORIES vs 90 CALORIES
- 5g FAT vs 7g FAT
- 0g CARBS vs 0g CARBS
- The above is based on Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon vs Oscar Meyer Hardwood Smoked Pork Bacon
Also Check: Oven With Built In Microwave
Cooking Turkey Bacon In The Oven
Cooking turkey bacon in the oven is the best way to ensure deliciously crispy strips, with less fat, fewer calories, and easier cleanup than bacon cooked in a skillet. This post will show you why oven baked turkey bacon is better and how to cook it to perfection!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
Turkey bacon is a tasty alternative to pork bacon, and its a great option for those who cant or dont want to eat pork. But frying bacon on the stovetop is a messy process, and the strips have more fat and calories than oven baked bacon.
Best of all, the turkey bacon in oven method is easier and doesnt require as much babysitting. Keep reading to find out how to cook turkey bacon to crispy perfection!
How Do You Like Your Turkey Bacon
If youre used to eating pork bacon, turkey bacon is a very different taste and texture.
Turkey bacon when cooked can seem rubbery like leather. The trick to getting crispy turkey bacon is to continue to cook it until it puffs in the fat segments.
If you cook your turkey bacon in the oven, make sure you continue to cook it until the edges AND centers pop up. If you dont allow this to happen the bacon wont be crispy.
If you like your bacon a little crispy, you can only let the edges puff up.
You May Like: Lg Double Oven Gas Range
What Are Some Ideas For Serving Turkey Bacon
There are many delicious ways to enjoy turkey bacon. Here are a few ideas:
Serve it as a side with eggs and toast for breakfast.
Make a BLT sandwich using turkey bacon in place of regular bacon.
Add it to a salad for extra flavor and crunch.
Use it as a topping on a pizza.
Wrap it around chicken or fish before baking or grilling.
Chop it up and add it to soup or chili for extra flavor.
Enjoy your turkey bacon however you like it! It is a delicious and healthy option that can be enjoyed in many different ways.
How To Prepare Turkey Bacon
Turkey bacon is a delicious and healthy alternative to regular bacon. You can cook turkey bacon in the oven, stove, or microwave. When cooking turkey bacon in the oven, cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. On the stove, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. In the microwave, cook on high for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Turkey bacon is also done when there is no pink meat remaining and the juices run clear.
Recommended Reading: Ge Profile Microwave Convection Oven Manual
How To Tell When Turkey Bacon Is Done
Everyone has a different idea of how they like bacon cooked. Some people like it still a bit soft or pliable and others like it very well done and crispy. So based on how you like it, see the cooking times above.
You can tell when turkey bacon is done because it will no longer be soft in the center or edges and should not be sticking to the pan still. Once it is cooked and a bit crisp, it should lift on the pan easily when using cooking tongs so you can transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels.
This recipe for turkey bacon works also in a smaller toaster oven just as well as in your regular oven. For toaster oven times, I would watch it and cook it a few minutes less. Still place the bacon strips on the toaster oven pan that comes with most models.
Also learn HOW TO COOK TURKEY BACON IN THE MICROWAVE OVEN, for the fastest way to get your breakfast done.
How Long Does Bacon Take To Bake At 375
Bake the bacon: Preheat the oven to 375°F and place the bacon in the oven while it is still cold, if possible. Bake the bacon in the oven for 15-20 minutes total, depending on how thick it is. If you are making more than one pan of bacon, flip the sheet pans halfway through the process from top to bottom.
Don’t Miss: Electric Oven Won’t Heat Up
Can I Cook Bacon In The Oven Without Parchment Paper
Cooking bacon in the oven is a great way to get that crispy, delicious bacon flavor without having to use parchment paper. There are plenty of ways to cook bacon, and many people say that cooking it this way is the best way. Here are a few methods to try:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Lay out some bacon slices on the parchment paper.
- Cook the bacon for about 8 minutes per side, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Be sure to let the bacon cool before serving.
Can You Bake Frozen Turkey Bacon
Image Source: https://kitchenfact.com
I would say YES. Before cooking bacon, it is not necessary to thaw or defrost it.
The bacon is one of the most tasteful and simple breakfast foods on the market because it has the ability to both make you feel awesome andindulgent at the same time. The process of preparing frozen bacon is a challenge. Some of the most frequently asked questions about cooking frozen bacon include, How do I make it perfect? How can I defrost my bacon in the microwave? The answer is YES. To microwave a thawed package of bacon, wait a few minutes. You must be aware that frozen bacon will not always cook uniformly and will take much longer to cook.
Heres what you need to know to cook frozen bacon properly. The cooking process is simple for bacon whether it is frozen or unfrozen. Use a microwave bacon cooker to get the best crispiness and chewy texture for your bacon. Microwave the bacon for 4-6 minutes on medium speed with paper towels. If you have frozen bacon, make sure you break it into smaller pieces to save time cooking.
You May Like: Ge 1.6 Cu Ft Over The Range Microwave Oven
What To Do With Turkey Bacon
This crispy turkey bacon is packed with flavor and a perfect accompaniment for everything from your breakfast eggs or veggie side dish.
Here are some of my favorite recipes and ideas for enjoying your turkey bacon:
- Crumble cooked turkey bacon strips over this tender roasted broccolini
- Use the turkey bacon to make these low carb eggs benedict
How Long Do You Cook Turkey Bacon In The Oven
If youre cooking the turkey bacon on a rack, you dont have to flip it and can allow it to cook on 425°F until it has puffed up other brands may behave differently, based on how the turkey bacon is prepared for sale.
To get the bacon to the crispy stage, it takes about 15 minutes. Just keep an eye on the bacon to see it puff up.
If the Butterball or Oscar Mayer turkey bacon puffs up, it looks slightly brown but it does not taste burnt ! Once the bacon hits the puff up stage, it allows the bacon to crumble or be broken. Prior to that, it is leathery and not super great.
You May Like: Lg Self Cleaning Oven Instructions
Is Turkey Bacon Good
While turkey bacon isnt always as swoon worthy as pork bacon, it can be a delicious alternative if cooked in the oven. It is great on a club sandwich or in a BLT!
Try a few brands of turkey bacon to find one you enjoy. We like the Applegate Naturals Uncured Turkey Bacon and Costcos Uncured Turkey Bacon.
What Temperature Is Good For Turkey Bacon Cooking
Another idea to finish the question how to cook turkey bacon in oven perfectly! The best temperature to cook turkey bacon in the oven is 350 degreesFahrenheit, as this will help ensure that it cooks evenly and gets crispy without being too greasy or oily. You can adjust this temperature depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
Pay attention to high temperature. We suggest not too rush when youre using oven to bake bacon. High heat can dry your bacon out and bring back a suck taste. If you are into moist tastes, try to cook your turkey bacon in another way like air fryer, frying pans or skillet.
You May Like: How To Clean Inside Glass On Oven Door
What Makes This Technique So Good
- Its the fastest, easiest way to get perfectly cooked turkey bacon each and every time.
- With this method, theres no babysitting a hot pan of grease, hoping you dont accidentally leave the bacon in the pan for 30 seconds too long. Cooking bacon in the oven requires very little attention, especially after the first time you do it!
- The grease doesnt splatter in the oven like it does on the stove, so theres no messy cleanup afterward!
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
Leftover cooked turkey bacon can be stored in the refrigerator. I like to wrap it up in the paper towels I placed it on after cooking. Then I place that into an air-tight container that is long enough to store the bacon strips whole. Cooked turkey bacon will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat leftover bacon, place it in the microwave on a paper towel-lined plate and heat for 15-20 seconds for a slice or 30 seconds for up to 3 slices. Leftover crumbled turkey bacon is great to top salads, baked potatoes, soups, vegetables, and pasta.
You May Like: Build Your Own Outdoor Pizza Oven
How To Know Turkey Bacon Is Done
Turkey bacon is done when it is crispy and browned. You can cook it in the oven, stove, or microwave. When cooking turkey bacon in the oven, cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. On the stove, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. In the microwave, cook on high for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Turkey bacon is also done when there is no pink meat remaining and the juices run clear.
Why Is This The Best Technique
This turkey bacon oven recipe is a godsend for home chefs searching for simple meal solutions. Who wouldnt want to learn how to bake turkey bacon in the oven like a pro?
- Get crispy, evenly cooked turkey bacon in less than 15 minutes with this super simple, mess-free recipe.
- Say goodbye to bacon grease splatters and waiting by the stove with this effortless method. Hands-off and easy to clean, this oven-baked turkey bacon recipe is a cinch to prepare compared to stove-top bacon.
You May Like: Triple Wall Oven With Microwave
Does Turkey Bacon Get Crispy
Yes, turkey bacon can get crispy. You can cook it in the oven, stove, or microwave. When cooking turkey bacon in the oven, cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. On the stove, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. In the microwave, cook on high for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Turkey bacon is also done when there is no pink meat remaining and the juices run clear.
Why You Should Bake Turkey Bacon In The Oven
- Clean up is so easy. I line my sheet pan with tin foil and I have yet to have to scrub a sheet pan clean! Seriously, it is such a time saver.
- Theres no splattering. One of the reasons cooking bacon in the oven is my favourite method is that I dont have to protect myself from any rouge oil splatters or wipe down the stoves surface after.
- Beautiful straight, evenly cooked bacon. I find when I cook bacon in a pan on the stovetop, the bacon curls up and some parts arent evenly cooked. Not with the oven method!
- You can cook bacon in bulk in the oven. Theres only so many pieces of bacon I can fit into one standard sized skillet whereas with my sheet pan, I can fit 10! Double it up on a second sheet pan if I need to and I can feed a small crowd.
You May Like: What Is Broil In Oven