Oven Baked Pork Chops
Tastes of Lizzy T participates in affiliate advertising programs. We may earn a commission when you make a purchase through links on our site.
Make deliciously golden brown oven baked pork chops in less than 30 minutes. Lightly seasoned and perfectly tender.
When nights are busy and you have less than 30 minutes to get dinner ready, what do you turn to? It may not be the first thing that comes to mind, but this baked pork chop recipe is not only quick to prepare, but bakes in about 20 minutes.
Plan potatoes, broccoli, green beans or rice for side dishes and youve got a dinner the family will love.
Thanks to the Ohio Pork Council for sponsoring this post and allowing us to share this pork chop recipe.Ohio has more than 3500 family pork farms that raise enough pork to feed more than 25 million people.
What Temperature Do I Cook 1 Inch Thick Pork Chops
When cooking pork chops, it is important to remember that they should be cooked at a temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature for pork chops is important because it helps to ensure that the pork chop is cooked through and does not become dry or over-cooked.
According to some experts, the ideal temperature for cooking pork chops is around 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Other temperatures that can be used to cook pork chops include 350 degrees Fahrenheit and 375 degrees Fahrenheit. The key is to make sure that the pork chops are cooked at a temperature that will produce a consistent and tender texture.
Should I Buy Boneless Or Bone
This answer is easy: bone-in. Boneless pork chops are leaner and more apt to overcook in a matter of seconds.
Bone-in chops, however, provide greater flavor and help keep the meat juicy through the cooking process. Look for thick-cut pork chops, too, with a minimum one-inch cut. Not every grocery store will sell these, so just ask the butcher to make you some to order.
If you do decide to go boneless, thats OK. Just keep a closer eye on the temperature, and pull the pork from the oven and hot pan as soon as it taps 145°F . Any higher and youll be back to chewing rubber with each bite.
Also Check: What Is An Air Fryer Oven
Juicy Pork Chop Tips:
- Make sure to bake your pork chops at high temperature. This helps it to caramelize the texture of the pork chops and locks in the juices.
- Try not to overcook your pork chops. Using a meat thermometer helps reach the perfect temperature of 145 degrees. Plus make sure you check them to ensure that you are not overcooking them.
- The main key to achieve a juicy pork chop is letting it rest for around 10 minutes before slicing. I also place a piece of foil lightly on the pork chops.
- I like to buy at least 1-inch thick pork chops to ensure that they do not dry out. We have bought thin ones and they dried out very quickly.
- My family loves boneless pork chops but you can also use bone-in pork chops.
How To Make Juicy Tender Baked Pork Chops
Weve already shared our method for cooking the juiciest skillet pork chops. Many of you loved that recipe so much that you asked us to share how we cook pork chops in the oven. We are happy to help! Here it is, our no-fail method for the best baked pork chops. Lets do this!
As you read through the recipe, keep in mind that you can customize the seasonings for these chops. We love the lemon and herb combination shared in the recipe below, but you can use your favorite spices instead.
Whether you use our flavor combination or not, for the best baked pork chops, keep these simple tips in mind:
Dont cook chops straight from the refrigerator. Thirty minutes before you plan to cook, take the pork chops out of the fridge.
The time out of the fridge lets you bring the meat up to room temperature, which helps the pork cook more evenly throughout. Use this trick for other cuts of meat like pork tenderloin or steak.
Season the pork chops with salt 30 minutes before cooking. This way, the salt has a chance to improve the flavor and texture of the meat.
Pork chops are pretty lean, so seasoning with salt before cooking is essential for making the most flavorful chops.
You can think of this step as a more straightforward way to brine the pork .
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, so the oven is hot before you slide in the chops.
After 5 minutes, all the juices inside the chops will have distributed around the meat.
You May Like: Kalorik 26 Quart Digital Maxx Air Fryer Oven Reviews
Tips For The Best Baked Pork Chops
Use these tips for the best baked pork chops in oven!
- Bring chops to room temperature before cooking. This helps the meat to cook evenly, but will also help keep the pork chops nice and juicy.
- Use a pork chop marinade. This is gives the pork chops major flavor, but will also help tenderize the meat. I recommend my 5-ingredient easy pork chop marinade!
- Sear in a hot cast iron pan first. This gives the pork chops a great crust, and if you use a grill pan like I do, youll also get grill marks!
- Be careful not to overcook. Overcooking the baked pork chops will make them dry and tough. Use a meat thermometer to cook them perfectly each time.
- Resting baked pork chops is important. Cutting into the pork chops straight from the oven will cause all of the juice to run out of the pork chops. Just like a good sirloin steak or filet mignon, letting the pork chops rest before cutting into it allows the juices to redistribute into the meat.
How Long Does It Take To Bake Bone
The average pork chop takes around an hour to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This time can vary depending on the size of the chops and the type of oven used. When it comes to baking pork chops, it can take a little bit of time. But that doesnt mean its anything to worry about. In fact, according to many witnesses, the process can be completed in just a few minutes.
Recommended Reading: Best Air Fryer Oven Combo
Tips For Juicy Pork Chops
- Bake them at high temperature. This will caramelize the outsides and sear in the juices.
- Dont overcook pork chops. Take them out of the oven when the internal temperature is between 145 and 150° F.
- Let the baked pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This is the key to moist, juicy pork chops. You can loosely cover them with foil while they rest if you wish.
- Buy thick-cut pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick. Thin pork chops tend to dry out more easily.
- I usually cook boneless pork chops, but bone-in pork chops can be even more juicy because the bone helps to keep the meat moist.
What Are Pork Loin Chops
Pork loin chops are primarily white meat of the pig. Meaning less fat than the darker meat youd find in shoulder chops or country style ribs. This means you need to keep a close eye to make sure it doesnt dry out. The dark meat chops you can normally find less expensively at the store can handle a longer cooking time or braising. Start with an extra five minutes in the oven then check for doneness.
Also Check: Boneless Chicken Thighs In Oven Recipe
Do You Flip Pork Chops In Oven
We would say that its definitely not a bad idea, but there are pros and cons to flipping pork chops in the oven. Here are some things to keep in mind:
How To Store Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Serve: You shouldnt leave cooked meat at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Let the Pork Chops cool down, then seal it in an airtight container to store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: To keep leftover pork longer, you can freeze it for 2-3 months.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
About the Author: Sabrina Snyder
Sabrina is a professionally trained Private Chef of over 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in food safety. She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon.
Sabrina Snyder is a professionally trained personal and private chef of over 10 years who is the creator and developer of all the recipes on Dinner, then Dessert.
She is also the author of the upcoming cookbook: Dinner, then Dessert Satisfying Meals Using Only 3, 5 or 7 Ingredients which is being published by Harper Collins.
She started Dinner, then Dessert as a business in her office as a lunch service for her coworkers who admired her lunches before going to culinary school and becoming a full time personal chef and private chef.
As a personal chef Sabrina would cook for families one day a week and cook their entire week of dinners. All grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning was done along with instructions on reheating. As a private chef she cooked for private parties and cooked in family homes in the evenings for families on a nightly basis after working as a personal chef during the day.
Read Also: Baking Pans For Air Fryer Oven
Shopping For Pork Chops:
For best results, we recommend using bone-in rib chops for making oven-fried pork chops, but other cuts, including boneless pork chops, can work as well. Heres an overview of the most common varieties of pork chops.
- Rib chops: As the name indicates, these chops are cut from the rib section of the pork loin. Because they have a good amount of fat, they are generally tender and juicy and consequently, a favorite in our kitchen. Boneless pork chops are usually cut from rib chops. Rib chops are best for oven-frying, pan-searing, frying, baking, and grilling.
- Center-cut chops: Center-cut pork chops are another flavorful cut from the pork loin. They have a bone that separates the loin section of the chop from the tenderloin. They are leaner than rib chops and can dry out more easily during cooking, but they have great flavor. Center-cut chops are best for grilling and pan-searing.
- Blade chop: These chops are cut from the shoulder section of the loin and not as easy to find as the rib and center-cut. Theyre juicy and have good flavor, but can be rather tough, so blade chops are best for braising.
How Long Do You Bake Pork Chops At 300
How To Make moist and tender baked pork chops
Recommended Reading: Oven Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken With Mayonnaise
What Cooking Method Is Best For Pork Chops
There is no one definitive cooking method for pork chops. That said, some popular methods include slow-cooking, frying, and braising. Each approach has its own unique benefits and drawbacks. Here are five factors to consider when deciding which method to use:
1) Size: The size of your pork chops will play a large role in the results of the cooking process. Smaller chops will be cooked more slowly and will tend to be more delicate than larger ones.2) Temperature: The temperature at which your pork chops are cooked will also have a major impact on their taste and texture. Too high a heat level can damage tender meat while too low a temperature can produce tough skin and bones. 3) Time: How long you cook your pork chops will also determine their finalresult.
How Long Does It Take To Cook 1/2 Inch Pork Chops In The Oven
Cooking pork chops can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the size and shape of the chops. However, some people believe that it takes longer to cook them in the oven than others. is a question that many people have asked. The answer to this question depends on the oven, the meat, and how well you cook the pork chops. In general, it takes around 20 minutes to cook 1 2 inch pork chops in an oven.
Don’t Miss: Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven Review
How Do You Keep Thin Pork Chops From Drying Out
If you are looking to keep your pork chops thin, there a few things you can do. First, make sure the pork chops are cooked through and not overcooked. Next, brush them with a dry rub before cooking. Finally, place the pork chops in a warm oven or on a baking sheet and bake them until they are crisp-skinned and cooked through.
How To Bake Boneless Pork Chops In The Oven
1. Start by lightly pounding the chops between two pieces of plastic wrap.
You do NOT want to flatten them, you just want to pound them to break up some of the fibers, in order to help tenderize the meat. 4-5 light smacks per chop will do.
- lightly pound pork chops
2. Rub the chops with olive oil first, then with mustard. Make sure to cover both sides and the edge.
- coat with oil and mustard
3. Combine the ingredients for the spice rub, then evenly sprinkle all sides of the chops.
You dont want to rub the spices into the chops , but just lightly dab it all over the meat.
- season the pork
4. Place the chops on a rimmed pan lined with baking parchment.
Bake the chops at 400°F for 6 minutes per ½ inch thickness OR until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. Turn on the broiler and broil the chops for 1-2 minutes until they are nicely browned.
- bake pork chops
5. Remove the chops from the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes. Make sure the temperature has risen to at least 145°F before serving!
- rest for 5 minutes before serving
Also Check: Chicken Tenders Baked In Oven
Honey Mustard Sheet Pan Baked Pork Chops Recipe
Is there anything better than a one-pan meal for a midweek dinner? Healthy, delicious, and simple to throw together, this honey mustard sheet pan baked pork chops recipe is an absolute winner for those days when you want an affordable, flavorful, and warming meal to feed the whole family.
We know that some of you may have had a bad introduction to pork chops there was a time when meat was often served unseasoned and overcooked, making it tough, flavorless and dry. Hopefully, those days are long gone now, and we know all the great tips and tricks to make sure your pork chops are perfectly cooked. Recipe developer Jennine Rye recommends seasoning and searing these chops in a pan before roasting them this will help to seal in the moisture, and result in beautifully juicy pork.
Roasting root vegetables alongside meat is a wonderful and easy way to prepare and cook a variety of different vegetables, and really helps their flavors to shine through. They caramelize beautifully in the oven, and also absorb some of those delicious meat juices. The addition of apple, a classic pairing with pork, adds both sweetness and sharpness to this dish, making it the perfect finishing touch to a great dish.
How Long To Bake Pork Chops At 400 Degrees
The biggest trick’ to making oven-baked pork chops is to not overcook them. Since pork chops are lean meat, they will dry out if you leave them in the oven for too long. But don’t worry, here’s an easy way to know exactly how long you should cook your chops.
In a 400-degree Fahrenheit oven, boneless pork chops need to cook for 7 minutes per ½ inch of thickness. If you are using bone-in pork chops, add an extra minute for each ½ inch.
If you’re new to making roasted pork chops, the best way to tell if they are fully cooked is to use an instant-read meat thermometer. Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. We use our meat thermometer to make sure the meat doesn’t overcook.
You May Like: Powerxl Air Fryer Oven 12 Qt
How Long Should I Cook Pork Chops In The Oven
The cook time for baked pork chops will vary depending on how thick your chops are. That said, they wont need very long in the oven.
For example, boneless pork chops about 1-inch thick will need a 2 to 3 minute sear in the skillet and then 8 to 15 minutes of bake time in the oven.
Thinner chops will cook much quicker, and thicker chops may take a few minutes longer a temperature thermometer is your best bet for checking doneness.
Pork is done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you do not have a thermometer, you will know they are done if the juices run clear when cutting into the chops.