Mushroom Marsala Sauce Over Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
If you dont mind a little bit of prep work, this recipe for chicken thighs in a mushroom marsala sauce is definitely worth it.
The sauce is rich and flavorful, and the chicken comes out perfectly cooked every time.
Serve this dish over some mashed potatoes or rice, with a side of steamed broccoli or green beans.
To make this dish even better, you could:
- Soak the mushrooms in Marsala wine for an hour before cooking to really infuse them with flavor.
- Add some garlic to the sauce for an extra punch of flavor.
- Thicken the sauce with a bit of cornstarch or flour mixed with water.
Ingredients And Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.66
Recipe Cost: $5.26
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 8 chicken thighs $4.80
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil $0.28
- 1 teaspoon salt $0.01
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder $0.03
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley $0.10
Why Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Are So Good
- It is versatile and takes on the flavor of the ingredients added to it graciously. Basically, you can have, chicken thighs dinner every weeknight and it wouldnt taste the same.
- Chicken thighs are packed full of flavor and juicier than chicken breasts.
- It is quick and easy to make, you have dinner from the kitchen to the table in 30 minutes
- Affordable if you make your boneless chicken thighs at home.
You May Like: Whole Baked Chicken In Oven
How Long Does It Take To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken At 400
Baking boneless skinless chicken at 400 degrees takes a little bit longer than baking other poultry, but it is well worth the wait. By following these tips, you can create a delicious and succulent bird that will be cooked to perfection in minutes.
Boneless skinless chicken takes about 25 minutes to bake at 400 degrees.Baking boneless skinless chicken is a relatively easy task, but it can take some time. At 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the chicken will cook for about 24 minutes.
How Long Does It Take Boneless Chicken Thighs To Bake At 375
The answer is typically about 25 minutes.Boneless chicken thighs can be cooked in a variety of ways, but the best way to cook them is to bake them.
The time it takes for these dishes to bake is usually around 40 minutes, but it can vary depending on the recipe.Boneless chicken thighs can take anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour to bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
It depends on the heat of the oven and how fresh the chicken is.
Don’t Miss: Stove With Double Oven Gas
Sticky Baked Asian Chicken Thighs
This boneless chicken thigh fillet recipe is seriously packed with flavor and is one that once you start making, you wont be able to stop!
If youre in the mood for sweet and sticky takeout chicken but want a healthier and more affordable option, these thighs will satisfy your cravings.
The sweetness comes from sweet chili sauce and orange juice, which also helps to tenderize the meat and keep it really juicy.
Read Also: Safe Cooked Temperature For Chicken
How Long To Bake Chicken Thighs
At 400° F, bone-in chicken thighs will take 30-40 minutes to cook in the oven. The exact cook time will depend on the size of your chicken thighs. The best way to check when chicken is done is to use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature. Chicken should be cooked to 165° F. Be sure to insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, and dont let it touch the bone.
Recommended Reading: Ge Wall Oven Microwave Combo
The Chicken Thighs Marinade
You only need a handful of seasoning ingredients to make the chicken marinade: olive oil, lemon juice, chicken broth, red chili pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper, onion powder. The secret ingredients for this chicken breast recipe are lemon and chicken broth they will delicately infuse the meat. We recommend you prepare a good amount of marinade, so you can coat the chicken thighs thoroughly and give it a beautiful crust.
How To Bake Chicken Thighs In The Oven
After the meat is marinated, it takes less then 30 minutes to cook.
Place the meat on a baking sheet with a wire rack and bake at 400F for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170-175F.
When done, brush BBQ sauce on top.
Set the oven broil and broil for about 5 minutes or until the BBQ sauce is caramelized.
Don’t Miss: Baked Ham Recipes In Oven
Lemon Garlic Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
Lemony, garlicky, and so juicy, these air fryer chicken thighs are a total winner.
Theyre easy to make, and they come out perfectly cooked every time.
Serve them with your favorite sides and youve got a delicious meal that the whole family will love.
To make this recipe even better, you could:
- Add some spice with a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Mix in a tablespoon of capers for an extra zingy flavor.
- Swap out the lemon for lime juice for a slightly different flavor profile.
- Add a dollop of pesto on top before serving.
Some potential sides you could serve with this recipe include:
- Roasted potatoes
Juicy Cajun Butter Boneless Chicken Thighs
Juicy, flavorful, and so easy to make, these Cajun butter boneless chicken thighs are a weeknight dinner winner.
Serve them with some rice and beans or roasted veggies for a complete meal.
To make this recipe even better, you could:
- Add some spice with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper or diced jalapeño.
- Make it extra flavorful by marinating the chicken in the Cajun seasoning for a few hours .
- Mix in some cooked sausage or shrimp for extra protein.
- Stir in a handful of frozen peas or corn for extra color and sweetness.
Read Also: 24 Inch Electric Wall Ovens
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
For a long time, I was a little intimidated by oven baked bone-in chicken thighs. Ive been making juicy baked chicken breast for years and years, but chicken thighs were a newer thing. I didnt like meat with bones growing up, so it took some time to come around. Lets just say Im glad I did, because this crispy baked chicken thighs recipe has become one of my favorite ways to make chicken!
The good news is, baking chicken thighs is easier than you might think. This recipe is pretty much foolproof, so you can do it whether youve never oven baked chicken thighs or done it a hundred times.
Chicken is one of my favorite dinner protein options, so Ive got no shortage of options here on Wholesome Yum! If you love chicken thighs, be sure to try my air fryer chicken thighs, baked balsamic chicken thighs, garlic chicken thighs, or cilantro lime chicken next time.
Sheet Pan Chicken Thigh Recipes
Recipe credit: Parsnips and Pastry
Recipe Credit: Tablespoon
Recipe credit: Rachel cooks
If you made any of these easy boneless chicken thighs recipes, dont forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on and save away to your . Please to the blog if you havent for free new recipes in your inbox
Also Check: Cuisinart Toa-65 Digital Convection Oven
How To Make Old Fashioned Baked Chicken Thighs In The Oven
First, place all of the ingredients except for the chicken stock and parsley in a Ziploc bag. Stir everything together really well with a spoon so all of thechicken thighs are covered with the marinade.
Allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour or up to eight hours. The chicken will come out nice and juicy.
Next, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chickenthighs on the preheated skillet and sear on both sides until golden brown.
Pour the stock over the chicken thighs in the pan, then stir the mixture all together with a wooden spoon to release all of the browned pieces of chicken on the bottom of the pan.
Transfer the skillet to thepreheated oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until an internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the chicken thighs have fully cooked, remove them from the oven and top with freshly chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
Donât Miss: Blue Laced Golden Wyandotte Chicken
Winning Side Dishes For Baked Chicken Thighs
Here are a few easy ideas for quick sides to pair with these yummy oven baked chicken thighs:
- Make double batches of grains When I make grain sides, like coconut milk rice or coconut lime quinoa, I prepare a double batch so I can just reheat the leftovers for a second meal later in the week.
- Keep prepped fresh veggies on hand Taking a few minutes early in the week to cut up fresh bell peppers, carrots, celery, green beans, etc. shaves precious minutes off of meal prep later on. I can serve them paired with a dip in a pinch or toss them with some olive oil, salt, and pepper and pop them in the oven with the chicken for an easy roasted veggie side.
- Toss a simple salad Ive found that the key to getting my kids to eat more greens is to add a generous serving of fruit to our salads. Grapes, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and blueberries always go over well, and they taste great drizzled with a simple vinaigrette.
Recommended Reading: Ge Profile Wall Oven Microwave Combo
What To Make With Crispy Chicken Thighs
Serve up these crispy oven baked chicken thighs with an easy side dish:
- Potatoes Roasted or mashed are popular options, but I prefer healthier mashed cauliflower or roasted rutabaga instead.
- Rice Regular white or brown rice, or cauliflower rice.
- Vegetables Try roasted asparagus, green beans almondine, sauteed zucchini or mushrooms, or a mix of oven roasted vegetables.
- SaladHealthy salads always pair well with chicken!
- Sauces These chicken thighs are already super crispy and juicy, but if you want a sauce, you can serve BBQ sauce or honey mustard on the side.
How To Cook Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs
There are different ways of cooking boneless skinless chicken thighs including cooking on the stovetop, oven baked, Instant pot, air fryer, slow cooker, and grilling.
Boneless chicken thighs are easy to cook using any of the above methods. They can be cooked from fresh or frozen and taste delicious when cooked right.
Whichever of the kitchen gadgets above you have, in this compilation list of chicken recipes, you will find easy boneless chicken thighs recipes that you can cook.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Steak In Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Crispy Boneless Chicken Thighs
Crispy doesnt even begin to describe these chicken thighs.
Theyre coated in a seasoned flour mixture and fried until theyre golden brown and absolutely delicious.
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, or use them in tacos, salads, or pasta dishes.
To make this recipe even better, you could:
- Add some spice with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper or a diced jalapeño.
- Make them extra crispy by coating them in Panko bread crumbs before frying.
- Mix in some shredded cheese to the flour mixture for a cheesy coating.
- Serve with a dipping sauce like honey mustard, BBQ sauce, or ranch dressing.
Mustard Chicken Marinade Ingredients
- Thyme: I love the flavor of fresh thyme, but you can substitute with fresh rosemary, dried thyme or herbs de Provence.
- Salt and black pepper
The prep could not be easier: First, grab a medium-sized baking dish just large enough to snugly hold 6-8 chicken thighs. A 2-quart capacity dish or pan is ideal.
Your goal is for the chicken and shallots to roast in the oven while making a delicious pan sauce at the same time. If your pan is too large the juices will evaporate.
I use this all-purpose lightweight metal baking pan that goes from fridge to oven to table and it cleans up beautifully!
Put the chicken thighs in the pan, then mix up the marinade. Pour over the chicken and either bake immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours ahead.
Also Check: How To Make S Mores In The Oven
How Long Should I Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs In The Oven
Bake them at 425F for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
The best way to see if the chicken is done is to test the temperature with a kitchen thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat without going all the way through. The temperature should read 165F.
More Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipes
Here are some other easy boneless chicken thighs recipes that are quick, simple, tasty, and perfect chicken dinner:
Honey soy chicken thighs – Sweet and savory, flavorful and delicious. This is made on the stovetop.
Instant pot boneless chicken thighs – Quick, simple, and tasty. Made in the pressure cooker in less than 20 minutes.
Honey garlic chicken thighs – Packed full of flavor, simple and quick recipe ready in 20 minutes.
Chicken and broccoli in instant pot – Broccoli and chicken thighs bites cooked in a rich tasty sauce.
Also Check: Whirlpool Oven With Air Fryer
How Long To Bake Boneless Chicken Thighs:
At 425 degrees Fahrenheit, it will take about 20 minutes to bake boneless skinless chicken thighs.
The best way of ensuring the chicken is not overcooked or undercooked is by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh to read the temperature.
Chicken is considered fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Tips For Making This Recipe
- Switch up the spices. Ive listed the spices that I love to use on my chicken thighs but go ahead and get creative when making your own spice mix. Leave things out, add things in as long as it tastes delicious to you, you cant go wrong!
- Create a charred look. If youd like your thighs to have more of a BBQ charred look, you can pop them under the broiler for a minute or two after baking. Make sure to keep an eye on them so they dont burn!
Frequently Asked Questions
Also Check: Sweet Potato Cook In Oven
Oven Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Here Is What You Will Need To Make It:
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs Youll need 6 8 thighs for this recipe, depending on their size. Make sure to remove any visible fat.
- For the spice mix Brown sugar, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. This blend has a bit of a sweet and spicy BBQ flavor. You can always customize the mix to match your tastes.
- Avocado oil or butter Oil gives some added flavor to the thighs and helps them to brown. I use avocado oil because it has a lower smoke point than olive oil. If youre using butter, you can either melt it and pour it over the chicken or cut it into small cubes and dot it over the thighs before baking in the oven.
Scroll down to print this recipe and see how to bake chicken thighs in the oven.
How To Make This Chicken Thighs Recipe
Just sear the meat to get the skin nice and crispy, then bake in a garlic butter sauce. Its that simple! Please, do not skip the sauce to have this juicy chicken thighs on your place for dinner.
- Olive oil Substitute any other neutral cooking oil like avocado, canola, or vegetable.
- Garlic Crush fresh cloves or use minced from a jar.
- Butter I used grass-fed butter, but you can use any type of butter you prefer. Be sure to use unsalted butter.
- Fresh parsley or use any fresh herb of your choice to garnish. Dont have any? No problem, you can use dried herbs such as Italian seasoning!
Prep the ingredients
Brown the chicken
Make garlic butter and bake
Baste and serve
Recommended Reading: Outdoor Kitchens With Pizza Ovens
The Perfect Busy Weeknight Dinner
In my ongoing search for easy weeknight dinners, I came up with these oven-roasted chicken thighs. This recipe is for boneless, skinless chicken thighs, making it very kid-friendly and quick to prepare and cook.
You will simply coat the chicken thighs with a little olive oil and then sprinkle the delicious seasoning combination on both sides. Roasting the chicken in the oven takes no time at all and youll have a delicious, juicy meal your family will love.
Donât Miss: Wild Rice And Chicken Soup