How To Bake Chicken Thighs In The Oven:
STEP ONE: First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Next, brush olive oil over the chicken thighs. Then combine the seasonings in a small bowl.
STEP THREE: Sprinkle the seasoning blend over both sides of the chicken thighs before placing them in the baking dish.
STEP FOUR: Finally, bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
Recipe Tips And Substitutes
- For a leaner cut chicken thighs, trim out all the fat on the sides of the chicken thighs and remove the skin. This will cut down on calories.
- If you prefer to cook bone-in chicken thighs you can. Follow the same instructions as you would with this boneless chicken thigh recipe but double the time of cooking. Bone in chicken thighs takes much longer to cook and do not worry that they will dry out. The longer you cook them the more tender they will turn out.
- You may use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs for a healthier option.
- Use any of your favorite seasonings. You do not need to stick to Italian Seasonings.
- We used honey, but if you do not have honey try using maple syrup or agave.
- To give this recipe a kick of flavor, drizzle some lemons over the baked chicken thighs towards the end.
How Long To Cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs In Oven
Cooking boneless skinless chicken thighs in the oven can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half, but the average cook should be able to get the results they desire in about 45 minutes.
How long to cook boneless skinless chicken thighs in the oven can vary depending on the oven model, time of year, and size of chicken. Generally speaking, it takes about 30 minutes to cook boneless skinless chicken thighs in an oven.
Also Check: Wall Oven Electric 24 Inch
How To Reduce Fat Content
Dark meat chicken gets a bad rap for fat content, but it can still be super healthy for you and part of a well-rounded diet. If you want to reduce the amount of fat with chicken thighs, first of all, you will want to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Use the instructions listed below.
However, you can go even further by using a wire rack so any extra fat from the chicken drains from the rack onto the baking sheet. You can employ this method with either boneless or bone-in chicken thighs.
Recipe Notes And Tips
- I do a drizzle of olive oil, but thats really optional. It does help the chicken be extra juicy and keeps the exterior from drying out since there isnt any skin. You dont have to use it.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, you might hear a lot of sizzling. This is normal but freaked me out the first time. Using a deeper pan helps with this, or omitting the olive oil.
- Feel free to use any type of dry rub you like. I like to switch it up sometimes and use lemon pepper or taco seasoning. Just be sure to season with salt and pepper, at least.
- My family really loves boneless chicken thighs, but you could use bone-in as well, just cook for an extra 20 minutes.
- Want to sweeten it up? Rub a little brown sugar over the chicken with the included rub and get a little caramelization as it bakes.
Also Check: Bake Chicken Breast In Oven
What Is The Best Temperature To Bake Boneless Chicken Thighs In The Oven
A temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit will give you the best boneless chicken thighs, delicious food ready in no time. Also excellent is cooking at 425 degrees, but keep a close check on the boneless chicken thighs because they might overcook quickly. If you arent watching the oven closely, it might quickly go above the maximum temperature.
So I have an instant-read thermometer nearby to ensure the boneless chicken thighs are cooked to a safe temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The only disadvantage of cooking at 350 degrees is the additional time necessary. Aside from that, the meat is exceptionally delicious and seasoned right down to the fibers.
How Long Do I Roast Boneless Chicken Thighs
Since we are using boneless, skinless chicken thighs you only need to bake them for about 12-14 minutes. You will bake the chicken thighs at 425Â° F.
Before removing them from the oven, always make sure to check the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thickest thigh. Once it reaches 165Â° F, the thighs are ready to be taken out of the oven. I always use my meat thermometer to make sure the thighs have reached a safe temperature.
I like to line my sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray the foil with some non-stick cooking spray. This makes clean-up a breeze. Anything to make things easier!
Recommended Reading: Slide-in Electric Range With Coil Burners And Convection Oven
Are Boneless Chicken Thighs Worth It
There is no definitive answer to this question as the benefits and drawbacks of eating boneless, skinless chicken thighs vary depending on the individual. Some people swear by the protein and dietary value that boneless chicken thighs provide,
while others find them to be less tender than skinless counterparts. Ultimately, it all comes down to personal preference.
How Long Will My Thighs Be At 425
Based on the average persons weight, 425 lbs. is the ideal weight for thighs. However, this weight may not be achievable for everyone. If you are struggling to maintain your thighs at a certain weight, it might be helpful to research different ways to do so.
Another factor to consider is how often you exercise your thighs. A person who exercises their thighs multiple times per week can expect their thighs to stay at a lower weight than someone who does not exercise their thighs at all.
You May Like: Boneless Pork Chops In The Oven Recipes
How Long Will Chicken Thighs Last In The Fridge
Cooked chicken thighs will last in the fridge for 5 days, or can be frozen for 3 months. When time to reheat, thaw and place in a 350F oven for 7-10 minutes. Drizzle a shot of olive oil over the chicken before warming to help keep it moist. If reheating in the microwave, cover the chicken with a wet paper towel and make sure not to overheat, as the chicken will dry out.
Make sure to check out my recipes featuring chicken thighs:
Is It Better To Cook Chicken Slow Or Fast
Cooking chickenSlowly vs. quickly can affect the texture, flavor and overall nutrition of the bird. Some people feel that cooking chicken slowly gives it a more succulent and moist texture while others appreciate the faster cooking method for producing a more crisp bird. Ultimately, the decision comes down to personal preference.
Don’t Miss: Gas Oven Won’t Turn On
How Long Should I Bake My Chicken At 450
Cooking chicken at a high temperature can lead to an unpleasant and sometimes dangerous experience. Roasting the bird at too high of a temperature can cause it to overheat and develop skin lesions, which can make breathing difficult or even deadly. For those reasons, its important to follow specific cooking instructions for chicken before baking it.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Boneless Thighs At 400
Cooking boneless thighs at 400 degrees Fahrenheit will take around 20 minutes, but cooking them at a fast pace will only take 10 minutes. This difference is due to the fact that cooking chicken at a fast pace causes the meat to cook through on the outside while it is still pink inside, which results in less taste and less tenderness.
Don’t Miss: How To Replace Oven Element
Why Youll Love Em
Super juicy: were not joking when we say these baked boneless chicken thighs are the juiciest youll ever have!
Easy to pair: pair these delicious thighs with a salad, a veggie, a grain or all three for an easy to make meal.
High protein: chicken thighs, of course, come from the thigh of the chicken and are a dark cut of poultry. Because of this, it is a fattier cut of meat but pack great protein and flavor.
Is 425 Too High For Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs are a great source of protein, and they can be cooked in a variety of ways to make them even more delicious.
Some people might find that 425 degrees Fahrenheit is too high for chicken thighs, but there are many different ways to cook them that will still give you the benefits of protein and flavor. If youre looking for a good way to cook chicken thighs, then 425 degrees Fahrenheit is a great option.
Recommended Reading: Target Cast Iron Dutch Oven
What To Make With Crispy Chicken Thighs
Serve up these crispy oven baked chicken thighs with an easy side dish:
- Potatoes Roasted or mashed are popular options, but I prefer healthier mashed cauliflower or roasted rutabaga instead.
- Rice Regular white or brown rice, or cauliflower rice.
- Vegetables Try roasted asparagus, green beans almondine, sauteed zucchini or mushrooms, or a mix of oven roasted vegetables.
- SaladHealthy salads always pair well with chicken!
- Sauces These chicken thighs are already super crispy and juicy, but if you want a sauce, you can serve BBQ sauce or honey mustard on the side.
Mushroom Marsala Sauce Over Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
If you dont mind a little bit of prep work, this recipe for chicken thighs in a mushroom marsala sauce is definitely worth it.
The sauce is rich and flavorful, and the chicken comes out perfectly cooked every time.
Serve this dish over some mashed potatoes or rice, with a side of steamed broccoli or green beans.
To make this dish even better, you could:
- Soak the mushrooms in Marsala wine for an hour before cooking to really infuse them with flavor.
- Add some garlic to the sauce for an extra punch of flavor.
- Thicken the sauce with a bit of cornstarch or flour mixed with water.
Read Also: Best Toaster Oven Air Fryer Combo
More Boneless Chicken Thigh Recipes:
- Sweet Ginger Sticky Chicken Thighs: Incredible sweet and spicy Asian chicken thighs, grilled and glazed with a gingery sauce with peanuts. Serve with seasoned cucumbers, rice and a squeeze of lime.
- Sriracha Chicken and Broccoli: A quick, super-tasty chicken and broccoli stir-fry with green broccoli florets and tender chicken in a spicy sesame sauce.
- One Pan Tuscan Chicken with White Beans: A hearty, one-pan braised boneless chicken, white beans and Tuscan kale with sourdough and chunky tomato sauce.
- Moroccan Orange Sheet Pan Chicken: An easy, tasty weeknight meal chicken with Moroccan spices, fresh orange and carrots.
FOLLOW ALONG: Follow me on and for all the latest recipes and content.
Can Chicken Thighs Be Cooked At 350
Cooking chicken thighs at 350 degrees Fahrenheit is not as difficult as one may think. This method of cooking chicken helps to cook the skin and meat evenly, which results in a tender and juicy thigh. Additionally, this temperature will also help to cook off any excess fat that may be on the chicken.
Don’t Miss: Wall Oven And Microwave Cabinet
How To Tell When Boneless Chicken Thighs Are Done
When your Boneless Chicken Thighs reach an internal temperature of 165°F, they are done. However, I recommend that you remove your Boneless Chicken Thighs from the heat when it reaches 160°F since the internal temperature of the chicken will continue to rise while it rests. Check the temperature after 10-15 minutes until it reaches 165°F.
How Long To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
The best part about baked boneless, skinless chicken thighs is that they cook quickly and are super forgiving! Even if you overcook them a bit, they will still be moist and juicy.
I like to cook them at 425ºF for twenty minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
You can also make boneless, skinless chicken thighs on the stovetop in a pan. You can learn how by watching the video below or visiting my YouTube channel.
Also Check: Presto Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
Oven Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Here Is What You Will Need To Make It:
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs Youll need 6 8 thighs for this recipe, depending on their size. Make sure to remove any visible fat.
- For the spice mix Brown sugar, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. This blend has a bit of a sweet and spicy BBQ flavor. You can always customize the mix to match your tastes.
- Avocado oil or butter Oil gives some added flavor to the thighs and helps them to brown. I use avocado oil because it has a lower smoke point than olive oil. If youre using butter, you can either melt it and pour it over the chicken or cut it into small cubes and dot it over the thighs before baking in the oven.
Scroll down to print this recipe and see how to bake chicken thighs in the oven.
Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe Ingredients
- Seasonings: This recipe uses a variation of my favorite Chicken Seasoning to season the chicken. For the seasoning rub youll need Italian seasoning, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. If you prefer to not add the brown sugar, the chicken will still be delicious. The sugar just helps the seasonings to caramelize on the chicken as it bakes.
- Bone-In Skin-On Chicken Thighs: To serve 6 people, buy 3 pounds of meat, or about 8 thighs.
- Olive Oil: Helps the seasonings to stick and the skin to get crispy.
Don’t Miss: Best Recipes For Brisket In The Oven
How To Reheat Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs
- To Reheat In The Oven: Place the leftover boneless chicken thighs on a baking sheet and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- In The Microwave: Place the chicken on a microwave-safe dish and drizzle with two tablespoons of water. Microwave on high for 1.5 minutes, or until the Boneless Chicken Thighs are warmed through. The water will create steam in it, keeping the thighs wet and soft.
What Temperature To Bake Chicken Thighs
I recommend baking chicken thighs at 450 degrees F, because the high temperature will make the skin super crispy and the inside juicy. You can also bake them at 400 or 425 degrees F, but it will take longer.
I actually dont recommend oven baked chicken thighs at lower temperatures like 350, or even 375. Not only does it take longer, but in my testing the meat was less tender and the skin less crispy.
Don’t Miss: Roast Chicken In Oven Recipe
How Long Does It Take Chicken To Bake In The Oven At 400
Cooking chicken thighs in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit is a great way to cook them. You will have to be careful not to overcook them, as they will not be cooked evenly.
Cooking chicken thighs in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes will result in cooked chicken that is cooked through and slightly charred on the outside. Chicken thighs can also be cooked at a lower temperature, such as 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for a longer period of time to create a tougher and more flavor-rich dish.
Chicken And Food Safety
If you’re going to make sautéed chicken, you’ll want to follow food safety precautions to avoid foodborne illness from harmful bacteria. recommends following four steps to ensure food safety.
Make sure to wash your hands and clean surfaces often to avoid spreading germs, separate raw poultry from other foods so there’s no cross contamination, be sure to cook the chicken to an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit and refrigerate promptly if not eating right away.
Do not defrost chicken at room temperature. Instead, refrigerate, microwave or use cold water to thaw the meat. Leaving chicken out at room temperature can induce bacterial growth. As far as storage, you can keep raw chicken in the refrigerator for up to two days and cooked chicken for up to four days. Raw chicken can be frozen for up to nine months and cooked chicken for up to four months.
Also Check: Roasted Chicken Legs In Oven
Lemon Garlic Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
Lemony, garlicky, and so juicy, these air fryer chicken thighs are a total winner.
Theyre easy to make, and they come out perfectly cooked every time.
Serve them with your favorite sides and youve got a delicious meal that the whole family will love.
To make this recipe even better, you could:
- Add some spice with a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Mix in a tablespoon of capers for an extra zingy flavor.
- Swap out the lemon for lime juice for a slightly different flavor profile.
- Add a dollop of pesto on top before serving.
Some potential sides you could serve with this recipe include:
- Roasted potatoes
Ingredients That Youll Need:
This dish requires simply a few simple ingredients. The precise measurements may be found in the recipe card below. Heres a rundown of what youll need:
- Fresh chicken: In this dish, I use boneless skinless chicken thighs. Its one of my favorite chicken parts since its inexpensive, widely accessible, simple to cook and consume, and very juicy!
- Olive oil: I enjoy cooking with this delicious oil. However, if you want an oil with a greater smoke point, you may substitute avocado oil. Keep in mind that it will not be as delicious as olive oil.
- Kosher salt and black pepper: If using fine salt, you may wish to minimize the amount used, since the dish may become overly salty.
- Spices: I use a few of them and encourage you to do as well. They offer such great taste! Garlic and onion powders, smoked paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper are among the ingredients I use. Make certain that the spices are fresh! A stale spice may quickly spoil a meal.
You May Like: Kitchenaid Wall Oven Microwave Combo 27