Prep The Chicken 15 Minutes Before Cooking
Pat the breasts dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture . Next, season both sides generously with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Allow the chicken to come to room temperature for 15 minutes this ensures even cooking results, plus, it gives the salt and pepper time to permeate the skin.
Bake At 425 Degrees F
Ive tested how long to bake chicken breasts at 350, at 400, at 425, and at 450.
- Based on my tests, the best temperature to bake chicken breasts is 425 degrees F.
At this temperature, the chicken turned golden on the outside and unbelievably juicy inside. If you go lower, the chicken can dry out, as it will need to be in the oven for a longer period.
Easy Side Dishes To Serve With Oven Baked Chicken
Chicken is one of the most versatile proteins. It pairs perfectly with just about any side dish. Serve it sliced up, shredded, or whole for a pretty presentation. We usually slice all the chicken up before serving so its easy for my kids to eat.
Here are my go-to sides for baked chicken
Also Check: Bbq Chicken In Oven Recipe
How To Bake Chicken Breasts:
Alright, so heres the secret! To make perfectly baked chicken bbrrreasts, you simply need to follow this 5-step acronym: B.B.R.R.R.
Brine : Im telling you this step is an absolute must for anytime you want to bake chicken breasts in the oven. Brining chicken is super-easy, it makes your chicken extra juicy, and best of all, it can be effectively done in just 15 minutes. Plus, if you brine chicken in lukewarm water, it also helps bring the chicken to room temperature, which makes for more even cooking. Win-win!
To brine chicken, simply fill a big bowl with lukewarm water. Stir in a handful of salt until it mostly dissolves. Then add your chicken breasts and let them sit in the saltwater to brine for at least 15 minutes. If you are doing this in advance, you can cover and refrigerate the bowl of chicken and saltwater for up to 6 hours. But you dont want to let the chicken brine for much longer than that.
When youre ready to go, remove the chicken from the brine. Give it a good rinse it with cold water to wash off the salt, and then pat it dry with some paper towels. And voila your chicken is officially brined.
Really, dont skip over this step! It makes a world of difference.
Note: That said, some store-bought chicken breasts are now sold pre-brined. So double-check your packaging beforehand. And if your chicken has already been pre-brined in a sodium solution, just move onto step two. 🙂
I like to roast my chicken breasts on high heat.
And enjoy every last bite.
How Long To Bake Chicken Breasts
It depends on the size of the chicken breasts. Smaller chicken breasts will bake in a shorter amount of time, while larger breasts will take a bit longer. If you use the 5-ounce breasts the recipe calls for, the chicken should be ready after about 25 minutes in the pre-heated oven. When the chicken is done, the juices will run clear and an instant read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.
Also Check: Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven Manual
How To Make Baked Chicken Breast Thighs Wings Or Legs
We usually buy whole chickens and either cut them up ourselves or have the butcher do it for us. It’s cheaper that way, and we get giblets for gravy. You can do that or just use a package of whatever chicken parts you likemake baked chicken breasts for white meat, and baked chicken thighs and legs for dark.
This way of cooking chicken couldn’t be more straightforward. It’s especially welcome on days when you’re busy and just want to put good food on the table.
Tips To Make The Best Baked Chicken Breast:
- Whenever possible buy organic chicken breast. My friends from Butcherbox are committed to sell only free-range Organic Chicken and grass-fed meat. And the best part, you can order online and theyll delivery straight to your door in any part of US. Its super convenient and youll receive the best quality meat box you can possible wish for
- After removing the chicken from the fridge, pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
- Replace chicken breast for chicken thighs if its what you have. I prefer to make this recipe with boneless skinless chicken breasts. However, you can make it with bone-in and skin on chicken thighs too.
- If you want a more buttery sauce, add two extra tablespoons of butter.
- If you like spices, add more paprika and Italian seasoning. You can use also cumin, coriander, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano and any other seasoning of your preference. Also, dont forget the salt and pepper. Add all the spices in a small bowl, mix well and then season your chicken breasts.
- Make sure to not burn the garlic because it will change the taste of the entire dish.
- Let the baked chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can use a baking dish or a baking sheet.
- If youre avoiding butter, replace it for olive oil.
You May Like: Powerxl Air Fryer Oven As Seen On Tv
Love One Pan Meals Try These
RECIPE UPDATE FOR BEST RESULTS.
We tried and tested this recipe many times since posting as a few readers are having trouble comprehending the directions. We found adding boiled chicken broth to the rice allows the cook time to be reduced while giving you perfectly cooked rice.
Please pre-boil your broth while preparing the rest of your ingredients, ensuring hot boiling chicken broth is being added in Step 3. If you dont have chicken broth, use 2 3/4 cups boiling water and mix in 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon or stock powder.
Tips For Chicken Breast In The Oven
- Bone in chicken breasts will be juicer, but baked boneless skinless chicken breasts are just as yummy.
- Bring chicken to room temp, about 30 minutes, before baking for more even cooking throughout.
- Cook at a lower heat for longer to keep the chicken breast tender and juicy. Bake just until internal temp reaches about 160º F, then let sit under foil to cook to a safe internal temp.
- Line pan or baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Olive oil keeps chicken moist and adds extra flavor.
- Salt is critical for enhancing flavor. Salt does not actually have a flavor it brings out and enhances the flavor in meats. However, too much salt will overpower the food with a sodium sensation.
- Change baking time according to the thickness of chicken breasts. See the section below for tips on this.
- Let cooked chicken rest at room after baking 3-5 minutes to hold in more juices.
Don’t Miss: Baked Turkey Bacon In Oven
The Chicken Breast Seasoning
Made with just brown sugar, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper, the secret ingredient in this is brown sugar:
Makes more seasoning, so you can coat the breast thoroughly and give it a beautiful crust without overpowering it with lots of spices that need longer to cook than chicken breast does and
Makes it juicy the chicken sweat while it bakes, so you end up with wetness that makes the chicken more juicy than the usual baked chicken breast.
Yes it adds sweetness but dont worry, this baked chicken breast is still savoury!
How Long To Bake Boneless Chicken Breast:
Bake chicken breasts at 425° for 12-15 minutes.
What is the temperature for cooked chicken breast? Chicken breast is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
How do you know when baked chicken breast is done? Baked chicken breast is done when it is browned on the outside and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. The best way to test if chicken is cooked is to use an internal meat thermometer. This is a great thing to have in your kitchen and its less than $10.
Read Also: Double Oven With Microwave Combo
Oven Baked Chicken Breast Faq
How long does it take for boneless skinless chicken breast to bake?
It takes anywhere from 10-18 minutes to bake chicken breasts. Depending on the temperature of your oven and the thickness of the chicken breasts your cook time might vary
Is it better to bake chicken at 350° or 400°?
Its best to bake chicken at a higher temperature. We like to bake our chicken at 425° for 15 minutes. It is nice and browned while still being juicy and delicious!
What temperature should I bake boneless chicken breasts at?
Bake chicken breasts at 425° for 12-15 minutes until cooked to an internal temperature of 165°.
How long does it take to bake a boneless chicken breast at 400°?
Baking times for chicken breast will vary depending on the thickness of the breasts. Typically a chicken breast will bake for 20 minutes at 400°.
How do I bake chicken breast without it drying out?
They key to baking chicken breasts without drying them is to pound them thinly, cover them with oil, and dont overcook them. Only cook until theyve reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Can I Bake A Chicken At 400
Chicken breasts can be cooked in many ways, but one of the most popular is baking them. Covering them in a layer of aluminum foil or parchment paper before baking gives them a crispy outer crust and helps to prevent them from getting too dark or dry.
The main question for many people is whether or not they should cover their chicken breasts in the oven. There are a few reasons to cover them, but the biggest reason is to keep them warm during cooking.
If they are not covered, they will slowly reach a temperature that will cause them to cook too quickly on the outside and becoming dry and tough inside.
You May Like: Electric Oven Not Heating Up
Cream Of Mushroom Chicken Casserole Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making Cream of Mushroom Chicken Casserole, then it is your lucky day! They save and reheat well, and can make the start of another delicious dish.
To save leftovers, separate into meal sized portions and then place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- in the freezer up to a month
What I Love About This Recipe:
- Semi-homemade We use Campbells cream of mushroom soup and Italian dressing mix to pack the recipe full of flavor, while saving time!
- Oh the flavor! Have I mentioned how rich, creamy, and delicious this is?!
- So fast- It just tastes like it took all day really all you need is 5 minutes to get it to the oven and 20-30 minutes of bake time!
- Bakes hands off- It really only takes 5-10 minutes of your attention to get this recipe going. Then it bakes with no babysitting needed so you can do what you need to do on a busy night.
- Comfort food at its finest Creamy, savory, and rich, this chicken breast dinner checks every box for a true comfort food lover!
- Scales easily! You can easily double or triple the recipe if you need to feed a crowd.
Don’t Miss: Ignitor For Whirlpool Gas Oven
What Youll Need To Make This
- Chicken breasts I use boneless skinless chicken breasts. Again, I prefer organic chicken breasts. It is important to use a high quality meat as some chicken breasts are injected with a solution of saltwater to plump it up so it looks better on the shelves.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper Keep in mind that kosher salt is twice the size of table salt. A sprinkle of table salt is much saltier than the same amount in kosher salt.
- Paprika Use sweet or smoked paprika.
- Butter use Ghee if youre doing Whole30.
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic minced
- Olive oil extra virgin
Some people like to season their chicken breast with spices and some brown sugar. but because I want to keep it low-carb, I didnt add brown sugar. However, if you prefer, add one teaspoon of brown sugar to the spice mixture and season your chicken.
Flatten To Even Thickness
Its important to pound the chicken down to an even layer. The top of the breast is almost double the width of the tapered end. Dont go too thin. I find that just under ¾-inch is the right thickness. Work one piece at a time.
Place the meat between two plastic wrap pieces or inside a large opened resealable bag, then smash it with a rolling pin or mallet.
You May Like: Ge Oven Sabbath Mode Turn Off
Why We Love Baked Boneless Chicken Breast
There is a lot to love about this baked chicken recipe. Its one of our favorite proteins for a healthy dinner because its:
- Easy to make All this recipe takes for the best chicken is to rub them with oil and spices, then cook! So simple!
- Versatile You can use whatever spices you like on the chicken breasts in this recipe. We also have a Lemon Garlic Chicken Marinade that is delicious!
- Great for meal prep These chicken breasts are such a healthy addition to your weekly meal prep because they are so versatile and reheat very well!
How To Bake Chicken Breasts In The Oven
This recipe is easy and speedy, which is why I love it. First, preheat your oven to 425F.
Mix the spices. Add the spices and herbs to a bowl and mix them until combined.
Coat the chicken. Lightly coat the chicken with olive oil, and then give each chicken breast a generous rub of the spice blend. Make sure to do this on both sides.
Bake away. Place the seasoned chicken breasts in a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once theyre done, make sure to let them rest! Resting allows the juices to redistribute within the meat.
Read Also: How To Use An Oven Air Fryer
Baked Chicken Breast Seasoning Ideas
Once your chicken is brined, you can bake it right away, or add any seasonings you like. If using a blend of seasonings, stir them together in a small bowl, then scatter them over the chicken. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Paprika. A delicious, sweet spice. For a hint of heat, use smoked paprika.
- Garlic Powder. Garlicky goodness!
- Onion Powder. Tasty in combination with garlic powder.
- Salt and Pepper. Classic and beloved.
- Red Pepper Flakes. For a little heat.
- Sweet and Spicy. Combine brown sugar with spicier ingredients like chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Lemon Pepper. Always a crowd-pleaser. Most lemon pepper seasoning includes some salt, so adjust accordingly.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning. Add the popular seasoning blend to your chicken.
- Cajun Seasoning. Bold and a little spicy. Most cajun seasoning includes some salt, so adjust accordingly.
- Italian Seasoning. Scrumptious for Italian-style recipes.
- Herbs. Oregano, thyme, and rosemary all work well with chicken. For an easy blend, use Italian seasoning or herbs de Provence.
- Curry Powder. Warm and wonderfully flavorful.
- Stuffed Chicken Breast. This elegant Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast is a must-try recipe!
Is It Better To Bake Or Pan Fry Chicken Breast
Cooking chicken breast in a hot cast iron pan is easier to cook the chicken breast because you have less chance to overcook it compared to baking it in the oven.
Baked chicken breast is easy to dry out. Thats why this recipe are made with this delicious garlic butter sauce to make this chicken tender and juicy. The garlic butter sauce is not only amazing on top of your chicken but also on top of your sides like rice, mashed potato or other veggies.
You May Like: Maytag Double Oven Electric Range
Baked Chicken Breast Ingredients
Chicken is a blank canvas just waiting to be sprinkled, smeared, and infused with flavor. Rule #1 never under-season chicken. So today Ive got a simple, yet dazzling seasoning mix that will impress all your dinner guests.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: Grab chicken breasts that are all about the same size, for the most even cooking
- Spices & Herbs: A simple blend of paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper makes the chicken super delicious. Dont have thyme? Swap in oregano, basil, rosemary, or another herb.
- Olive Oil: A light drizzle gently coats the chicken to help the seasoning stick, and keeps it nice and moist.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Store Leftovers
Refrigerator: Store leftover cooked chicken up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Perfect for meal prepping for the week and for using in a variety of recipes from salads to soups.
Freezer: Cool completely and store cooked chicken in a freezer safe container for up to 6 months. I recommend wrapping each breast in parchment paper before freezing for easy portioning.
You May Like: Oven With Built In Microwave
How Do I Tell When Chicken Breast Is Done Cooking
Wed be remiss not to mention instant read thermometers, probably your best tool to determine whether or not your chicken is done. Insert an instant read thermometer in the thickest part of the breast youre looking for a final temperature of 165 F. If you dont have an instant read thermometer, you can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken with a paring knife to make sure theres no visible pink meat.
Baked Boneless Chicken Breast Recipe
The best Baked Boneless Chicken Breast Recipe! Learn how to bake chicken breasts so they stay juicy and delicious. Easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliatelinks.
Its no secret we love chicken , but this baked boneless chicken recipe may be our new favorite because of how easy and versatile it is!
This recipe is such a super easy way to prep your protein for your weekly meal prep or just a healthy part of your balanced dinner!
This is the best way to get the most delicious boneless chicken breast and we cant wait for you to try it!
Don’t Miss: How To Use Dutch Oven