Best Baked Chicken Breast
Perfectly baked chicken breasts that are juicy, tender, easy, and oh so flavorful! This is a recipe everyone should know how to master. All you need is a drizzle of olive oil, a special seasoning mix, and a few insider tips for these super tasty, no-fail chicken breasts.
If youve ever struggled with dry, rubbery, and just flat-out boring chicken breasts, youre in luck, because todays recipe is about as easy as they come. All youve got to do it make my special seasoning mix, rub it all over the chicken breasts, and then bake them the right amount of time. That my friends, is the important part.
Once you read my tips below and master this method youll have the most delicious chicken to enjoy for weeknight dinner recipes. Plus, you can slice and dice any leftovers for chicken meal prep. Leftover chicken is perfect on bowls, salads, in tacos, and so much more!
How To Cook Chicken Breast In A Toaster Oven
Cooking chicken breast in a toasting oven is a great way to prepare delicious meals at home. If you dont have a toaster oven, you can also bake or grill chicken breasts in the oven.Toast bread in a toaster oven is a quick and convenient way to enjoy fresh baked bread. The same principle applies to cooking meat. In fact, toasting food in a toaster oven makes it healthier because it reduces the amount of fat.You can easily roast chicken breast in a toasted oven. Just follow these simple steps
How Do You Make Chicken Breast Tender
There are a few different ways that you can make chicken breast tender. You can pound it thin, cook it low and slow, or use a marinade. Pounding the chicken breast will help to break down the muscle fibers and make it more tender. Cooking it low and slow will also help to make it more tender. Using a marinade will help to add flavor and moisture to the chicken breast.
Read Also: How To Cook Chicken Legs In The Oven
One: Marinate The Chicken Breasts
Marinating your chicken breasts beforehand boosts their flavor and keeps them moist and tender during baking. For our baked chicken, we use a simple, Greek-inspired marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and fresh herbs. For the best flavor, use a high-quality olive oil. Fresh oregano adds a bright, earthy punch to the chicken that you just cant get from dried herbs.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all of these ingredients in a large bowl, then add the chicken breasts. Using a pair of tongs , work the marinade into the chicken, making sure its well-coated. Place the chicken and any remaining marinade liquid into a large zip-top plastic bag. Lie flat in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Guess what? The majority of your work is done. The next steps are easy-breezy.
How To Make Baked Chicken Breast Thighs Wings Or Legs
We usually buy whole chickens and either cut them up ourselves or have the butcher do it for us. It’s cheaper that way, and we get giblets for gravy. You can do that or just use a package of whatever chicken parts you likemake baked chicken breasts for white meat, and baked chicken thighs and legs for dark.
This way of cooking chicken couldn’t be more straightforward. It’s especially welcome on days when you’re busy and just want to put good food on the table.
Read Also: Barbeque Chicken Thighs In Oven
How Do You Keep Chicken Breast From Drying Out
There are a few different ways that you can keep chicken breast from drying out. You can cook it low and slow, use a marinade, or cook it in a sauce. Cooking chicken breast low and slow will help to keep it moist. Using a marinade will also help to keep it moist. And, cooking chicken breast in a sauce will also help to keep it moist.
What Can You Not Cook In A Toaster Oven
Baking chicken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit 180 degrees Celsius is ideal for baking chicken breasts because it cooks them evenly and quickly. Baking chicken thighs at 400 degrees Fahrenheit 205 degrees Celsius is ideal because it gives them a crispy skin. However, if you prefer your chicken cooked through, you can bake it at 450 degrees Fahrenheit 230 degrees Celsius.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Tilapia Oven
The Juiciest Oven Baked Chicken Breast Right Here
For years I tried so many recipes and techniques for a juicy baked chicken breast. Disappointed every single time and having to chew though mouthful of dry chicken, dipping each forkful in mayonnaise just to get through it. If you love food as much as I do, this is usually a completely heartbreaking experience.
Enter our recipe: easy, fast and simple. No weird steps, no wrapping, tenting, brining or marinating needed. Just a good flavoured seasoning rubbed all over our chicken and let your oven do all the work.
This is how I make the most incredible baked chicken breast that retain all of their natural juices!
The best part about this recipe are the pan juices that mix through the seasoning to give you a little something extra to drizzle them with when serving.
What Youll Need To Make This
- Chicken breasts I use boneless skinless chicken breasts. Again, I prefer organic chicken breasts. It is important to use a high quality meat as some chicken breasts are injected with a solution of saltwater to plump it up so it looks better on the shelves.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper Keep in mind that kosher salt is twice the size of table salt. A sprinkle of table salt is much saltier than the same amount in kosher salt.
- Paprika Use sweet or smoked paprika.
- Butter use Ghee if youre doing Whole30.
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic minced
- Olive oil extra virgin
Some people like to season their chicken breast with spices and some brown sugar. but because I want to keep it low-carb, I didnt add brown sugar. However, if you prefer, add one teaspoon of brown sugar to the spice mixture and season your chicken.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Drumsticks In The Oven
Oven Baked Split Chicken Breasts
Easy Oven Baked Split Chicken Breasts are a healthy choice for any dinner! These flavorful bone-in baked chicken breasts turn out beautifully with a crispy seasoned skin while retaining their juices for perfect, tender, moist chicken meat!
These super easy oven baked split chicken breasts are perfectly seasoned with an extra crispy skin!
How Do You Store Chicken Breasts
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
You can also store cooked chicken breasts in the freezer. Simply wrap the breasts in foil and then place them in an airtight container or a freezer storage bag. Cooked chicken will last in the freezer for up to four months.
Once you master this technique, add some flair with some of our popular chicken breast ideas!
You May Like: How To Make Wings In The Oven
Ingredients For Baked Chicken Breast
- Chicken Breast Try to find boneless skinless chicken breasts that are free-range or organic. They are packed with the most flavor and the freshest taste. Also, try to find chicken breasts that are similar in size so they cook evenly. Depending on the size of the breasts, you might need to adjust the cooking time.
- Paprika Feel free to use fresh or smoked paprika. Either work great and add such a depth of flavor to the chicken breasts.
- Garlic Parsley Salt This all-in-one seasoning is perfect for everything from chicken breasts to potatoes. Its super savory and such a no-brainer
- Black Pepper If you can opt for freshly cracked pepper over the pre-ground stuff. It will add so much more flavor and make for a nicer presentation.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil Either olive oil or avocado oil will work great. Both have high smoke points and add an earthy flavor to the chicken.
Pro Tip: Pat the chicken breasts with paper towels before adding the seasoning. This will help it stick better.
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In The Oven
Here’s the difference between cooking boneless, skinless chicken breasts and bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts.
Chicken breast baked with rosemary on a cuuting board.
Its no fun biting into a piece of dry chicken breast , so its important to know when your chicken breast is done cooking in the oven. Below, weve laid out some rules about how long to cook different types of chicken breasts plus some easy, anything-but-boring chicken breast recipes to inspire you.
Read Also: Recipe For French Fries In Oven
Baked Chicken Breast Ingredients
Chicken is a blank canvas just waiting to be sprinkled, smeared, and infused with flavor. Rule #1 never under-season chicken. So today Ive got a simple, yet dazzling seasoning mix that will impress all your dinner guests.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: Grab chicken breasts that are all about the same size, for the most even cooking
- Spices & Herbs: A simple blend of paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper makes the chicken super delicious. Dont have thyme? Swap in oregano, basil, rosemary, or another herb.
- Olive Oil: A light drizzle gently coats the chicken to help the seasoning stick, and keeps it nice and moist.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
Parmesan Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
By Rena Awada | Published on January 15, 2022
One of the best ways to prepare chicken breasts is by making this easy and simple Parmesan oven-roasted chicken breast recipe. Tender and juicy chicken with a whole lot of flavor.
Cooking chicken might be a struggle for some because they just sometimes come out too dry and rubbery. We think it all depends on how you cook the chicken. Chicken breasts are one of our favorite lean proteins to use in many of our recipes and this oven-roasted parmesan chicken breast recipe tops our list. The chicken breast is seasoned with salt and pepper, then coated with the parmesan paste sauce thats made with light mayo, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, and Italian seasoning. The parmesan chicken breasts are then roasted in the oven to perfection. Enjoy tender, juicy, and flavorful chicken by making this roasted chicken breast recipe.
Also Check: Frying Pan That Can Go Into The Oven
How To Boil Chicken Breast
Master the preparation outlined in this Poached Chicken for Salads recipe and youll have perfectly poached chicken on hand to add to salads, sandwiches, wraps and grain bowls. Using bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts and boiling them in chicken broth fortified with aromatics yields a flavorful result. Plus, this recipe makes delicious homemade chicken broth, so be sure to reserve the cooking liquid.
Ways To Use Chicken Breast
Once you have your juicy baked chicken breast, there are so many incredible ways to use it!
- With Vegetables. Baked chicken breast is delicious served with vegetables. We especially love ours with Roasted Broccoli, Oven Roasted Potatoes, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic.
- With Pastaor Rice. Serve your chicken with any of your favorite pasta or rice dishes .
- On a Green Salad. Pump up the protein of your favorite salad by adding some chicken.
- For Chicken Salad. To use leftover oven baked chicken breasts in a cold chicken salad, let the chicken come to room temperature, then refrigerate it until it is chilled down. Dice it, then add it to your favorite chicken salad recipe, such as this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad or this Curry Chicken Salad.
- In a Recipe. Use this chicken in a recipe that calls for cooked chicken. See our full list of healthy chicken recipes for ideas.
For easy use, you can dice or shred this baked chicken breast.
You May Like: Convection Microwave Over The Range Oven
Ingredients You Will Need To Make This Chicken Breast And Substitutes
- Chicken breasts: Use boneless and skinless chicken breast. You may also use boneless and skinless chicken thighs,
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Mayo: we used light mayonnaise. you can usee your favorire healthy brand.
- Parmesan cheese: grate your own or get store-bought finely grated.
- Lemon juice: use fresh lemons
- Mustard: Dijon mustard or honey dijon will work too.
- Maple syrup: or honey
- Seasonings: we went with italian seasoning. You can use any of your favorite seasonings.
- Fresh thyme to garnigs, optional ingredient
- Oil: we used olive oil for the baking dish.
Is It Better To Bake Chicken At 350 Or 400
Toasters are used to toast breads, bagels, muffins, and other baked goods. Toasters are generally designed to be placed directly onto a stovetop burner or electric element. A toaster oven is similar to a conventional oven but instead of heating from the top down, it heats from the bottom up. This allows the toaster oven to bake items such as pizza, cookies, and lasagna.
Also Check: Brussel Sprouts Recipe In Oven
How To Cook Chicken Breast In Oven
Here are a few tips on how to cook chicken breast in the oven:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
Season chicken breasts as desired. We recommend using salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Bake chicken breasts for 20-25 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Remove chicken breasts from the oven and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn how to cook chicken breast in the oven at 350 degrees. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
Whats The Difference Between Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts And Bone
All chicken breasts arent created equal. How long you cook your chicken breast in the oven depends largely on its weight and whether its boneless, skinless or bone-in, skin-on. While the two types of chicken breasts are neighbors in the meat case, they couldnt be further apart in flavor and appearance. Bone-in, skin-on might feel more intimidating to cook, but the fat rendered from the skin and the intact bones generally make for juicier, tastier baked chicken breast. Read on for how long to bake each variety to achieve the best results possible.
Don’t Miss: Cuisinart Chef Convection Toaster Oven
Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
Simply put, this recipe is similar to Oven Baked Chicken Breast because the process is similar and you can use seasoning or not. Its totally up to you. But, this roasted chicken breast recipe uses bone in chicken breasts instead of boneless, skinless chicken.
And the best part of this chicken breast recipe, to me, is the extra crispy, salty skin. It keeps the moisture inside of the meat so you end up with super tender, juicy chicken breast without breaking a sweat.
Simple Baked Chicken Breasts
This recipe is suitable for four servings and only takes 40 minutes for the preparation and the cooking time .
- 4 breast half, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 pinch Creole seasoning to taste
- 1 tablespoon water, or as needed
Recommended Reading: Boneless Pork Chop Oven Recipes
Tips For The Juiciest Chicken Breasts
Before you get baking remember these three important tips for tender, juicy chicken.
- Bring chicken to room temperature: When you cook cold, straight from the fridge chicken its more likely to cook unevenly, with an overcooked outside and undercooked inside. So let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Grab similarly sized chicken breasts: If you bake a 5-ounce chicken breast alongside an 8-ounce chicken breast, your smaller chicken breast will likely turn rubbery by the time your bigger one is done.
- Pound them to an even thickness: Because chicken breasts naturally have one end thats thicker than the other, you can gently pound the thicker part of your chicken breast for a more even thickness, which translates to more even cooking.
How Long To Cook Chicken Breasts
Large chicken breasts take about 20-22 minutes to cook. Medium-sized breasts take about 18-20 minutes. You also have the option of throwing on your broiler in the last 2 minutes to get crispier edges!
Cooking them at high heat ensures the crispy, caramelised edges, while keeping your chicken super juicy on the inside. Once the chicken is golden and caramelised, its cooked! Let it rest for about 5 minutes to recirculate all of those natural juices through the meat.
Read Also: Over The Range Convection Microwave Oven
Get The Right Internal Temperature
To make sure you do not overcook your chicken, use an instant read meat thermometer.
- An instant read thermometer is the absolute best way to know when your chicken breast is done. It will make sure you do not overcook your chicken, fish, and other meats. I even use it to tell when my banana bread is done !
- Be sure to insert the meat thermometer at the thickest part of the chicken.
- Per the FDA, chicken breast is considered safe to eat at 165 degrees F.
- Since the chickens temperature will rise as it rests, I remove mine between 155 degrees F and 160 degrees F. I have never had a problem with uncooked meat.