What Does My Delivery Include
What is included in the STANDARD Delivery Charges
- Delivery and hook up of non built-in refrigerators, washers, electric dryers, free standing electric ranges and freezers on main floor or in basement or upstairs of residence.
- Haul away of current appliance will be automatic and at no additional cost.
- Your inspection & satisfaction prior to signing delivery paperwork.
- Includes water supply connection kit.
- Your current appliance should be empty prior to delivery.
- The product will be uncartoned, positioned in place, leveled and plugged in. Crispers, racks, ice trays, thermostats are set to manufacturers recommended positions and settings.
- A 3-prong, grounded electrical outlet must be within reach of the power cord.
- Ice/Water connection: A water supply shut-off valve for a refrigerator needs to be on the same level as the refrigerator and in close proximity. The delivery team will connect the ice maker to the water supply line. If you do not have an in-house water supply line for the refrigerator, you can contact a local plumber.
- Utilities need to be on in order to connect and test.
- Dishwashers ship with the direct wire hook-up configuration.
- Dishwasher install kit not included.
- Delivery team is unable to install dishwashers as they are considered a built-in appliance.
- Delivery team will haul away current dishwasher that has been un-installed prior to delivery.
Micro Hood Combos and Over The Range Microwaves
Maytag Met8720ds Review: Two Ovens For The Price Of One
Maytag’s double-oven electric range is pretty “meh.”
Megan Wollerton covers renewable energy, climate change and other environmental topics for CNET. Before starting at CNET in 2013, she wrote for NBC Universal’s DVICE . Megan has a master’s degree from the University of Louisville and a bachelor’s degree from Connecticut College, both in international relations. She is a board member of the Louisville chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. When Megan isn’t writing, she’s planning far-flung adventures.
We’ve reviewed our fair share of midprice ranges. Some models emphasize style over substance others look utilitarian but shine when it comes to performance . And then there’s a small subset of above-average units that manage to strike a nice balance between eye-catching design and impressive cooking results .
The Bottom Line
The $1,600 Maytag Gemini MET8720DS may offer two ovens for the price of one, but it doesn’t fit into any of these categories. It suffers from inconsistent performance, few advanced features, an unresponsive display panel without a number pad, and a mishmash of stainless steel and cheap-looking plasticky accent pieces.
It isn’t exactly a bad range, but you can find something better for roughly the same cost.
Large Burner Boil Test
The large burner boil test measures how long it takes for a 5-quart pot full of water to reach a rolling boil. This test utilizes the most powerful burner on the cooktop, which is likely the burner you’d turn to for cooking pasta.
The Gemini did particularly well here, finishing the task in just 9 minutes and 42 seconds. Samsung’s $3,700 induction NE58H9970WS took the shortest amount of time and its $2,300 electric NE58F9710WS took the longest amount of time .
Recommended Reading: Powerxl Air Fryer Toaster Oven
What Are The Delivery Charges
Choose either Basic or Standard services listed below
BASIC Delivery- includes Home Delivery, uncrate, set in place & haul away carton/pkg :
- SINGLE appliance – $45
The STANDARD Install/Haul Away fees for Whirlpool/Maytag/KitchenAid/Jenn-Air/Amana/Gladiators Direct to Home Delivery – :
- SINGLE appliance $85
- SINGLE appliance haul away/dispose $20
- SINGLE appliance – Reverse Door Swing – Refrigerator & Dryer $8
- SINGLE appliance – Above 2nd FL $15
Small Burner Boil Test
In stark contrast to its solid large burner boil results, Maytag’s MET8720DS did not perform very well on the small burner. It took an average of 13 minutes and 31 seconds to reach a rolling boil. That would be considered pretty darn good if we were talking about a gas cooktop, but the electric models tend to reach the boiling point faster. Only the $1,400 LG LRE3027ST scored worse than the Gemini at over 15 minutes the $3,699 Samsung NE58H9970WS scored the best at less than 6 minutes.
Recommended Reading: Cuisinart Airfryer Toaster Oven – Stainless Steel – Toa-60
Met8800fz 30 Maytag 67 Cu Ft Double Oven Electric Range With True Convection And Power Element
|MET8800FZ 30″ Maytag 6.7 cu. ft. Double Oven Electric Range with True Convection and Power Element – Fingerprint Resistant Stainless SteelItem#: 18546$604.70Why don’t we show the price on the product page?Some manufacturers restrict how prices may be advertised. We are showing you our lowest sale price here in our pop-up cart.You may simply remove the item from the cart if you do not wish to purchase it.
MET8800FZ 30″ Maytag 6.7 cu. ft. Double Oven Electric Range with True Convection and Power Element – Fingerprint Resistant Stainless SteelFeaturesPOWER ELEMENTPOWER PREHEATTRUE CONVECTION WITH THIRD ELEMENTPRECISION COOKING SYSTEMAUTO CONVECT CONVERSIONBRIDGE ELEMENTDOUBLE OVEN RANGEFINGERPRINT RESISTANT STAINLESS STEELHIDDEN BAKE ELEMENTVARIABLE BROILKEEP WARM SETTINGDELAY BAKE SETTING6.7 TOTAL CU. FT. CAPACITYBETTER BUILT ELECTRIC RANGEApproximate Dimensions
Extended Service Plans begin when manufacturer warranty expires
Getting To The Good Stuff
Since the double oven is the main feature of this range, I decided to kick off testing with a frozen pizza in the smaller top oven and a whole-roasted chicken in the larger bottom one. I’ll get to the chicken in a minute, but for now, let’s all just take a moment to appreciate the cheesy goodness that’s happening in the picture above.
You really can’t go wrong with pizza. It’s such a staple of the American diet that it would be irresponsible not to include it in this round of testing. That’s especially true since the 2.5-cubic-foot upper oven is perfectly sized for a single rack — of anything really — but I immediately thought of frozen pizza.
The instructions say to preheat the over to 400 degrees and to cook it for 22 to 26 minutes. Fortunately, this oven handled the DiGiorno “Italian Style Favorites” pizza without complaint, finishing the pizza within the allotted timeframe. It was a welcome and tasty introduction to the Maytag Gemini.
In addition to the simultaneous food tests, I also calculated how long the upper and lower ovens each took to reach 350 degrees in traditional bake mode. As you would expect, the upper oven reached 350 degrees in less time — 11 minutes and 51 seconds — while the lower oven took 13 minutes and 33 seconds. This isn’t a huge difference, but there’s a definite time and energy benefit to sticking with the top oven for single-rack cooking.
Read Also: Camp Chef Professional Outdoor Oven