Recipe Notes And Tips
- First thing I do when making this Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders is the remove the white muscle piece usually attached on the piece of tender. Why? Because I hate the chewy feeling when I eat it.
- If the a chicken tender piece happens to have a little filmy skin on it, I remove it. This keeps the texture nice and tender after cooking.
- Overcooked chicken breasts can go from juicy to dry very quickly. You want them to reach 165°F in the thickest bit. Use a meat thermometer for best results.
- Add these parmesan baked chicken tenders to a hamburger bun, with a big dollop of coleslaw for an awesome chicken sandwich.
Making Parmesan Crusted Chicken Basic Process
As mentioned, if you have a thick cut of chicken, you should slice it in half to get thinner pieces. It is easier to cut than it is to pound the chicken thinner, and this will ensure the chicken cooks faster.
Once the chicken is cut in half, you should season it with salt and pepper. I did not use any herbs for this dish as I just wanted to taste the parmesan. If you want to, you can use desired herbs or go with the winning formula: parmesan and oregano or basil.
In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and parmesan and smear the mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with breadcrumbs and place on a parchment-lined baking pan.
Afterwards, the oven will do the job. Bake the chicken and serve warm.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Has A Little Secretmayonnaise
To get all the yummy parmesan cheese to stick to the chicken we used mayonnaise. It is the perfect binder and helps keep the chicken juicy and tender on the inside.
But not just any mayo will do. For our recipe we used Sir Kensingtons Avocado Oil Mayonnaise. Made with a hint of lime and black pepper, this zippy mayo adds so much flavor to our chicken. Plus, it is dairy free and gluten free.
p.s. Sir Kensingtons Avocado Oil Mayo is also certified Paleo and Keto by itself, and is a tasty addition to sandwiches, dressings, and more.
We found everything we needed during the Best the Best You promotion at Publix. Save big on a wide range of products to help you through 2/20/2021.
You can also find the Promo flyer near the Publix store entrance or ask customer service for a copy.
You May Like: Boneless Chicken Thigh In Oven
Mayo Parmesan Chicken Variations
- Mayo: We used 1/2 cup mayonnaise, but you can add Greek yogurt or sour cream for a little tanginess.
- Chicken: You can use chicken thighs, chicken cutlets or chicken tenders. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Cheeses: You can use several types of cheese or even a combination of cheeses. Asiago, Romano and Manchego are all great choices. If you want a gooey cheese topping, add mozzarella cheese to the top of the chicken about 5 minutes before you take it out of the oven.
- Toppings: The parmesan cheese forms a golden crust when it bakes up, but if you want to add a little extra crunch, sprinkle bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs or Italian bread crumbs in with the parmesan cheese.
- Seasonings: Its really fun to play around with any seasonings youd like. Add a little lemon pepper or Italian seasoning to the creamy mayo mixture. If you like a little added heat, you can add a pinch cayenne pepper or a dash of hot sauce to the mayo.
How To Make Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- First, youll want to gently rinse your chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel. This is to help mayonnaise to stick to the chicken.
- Next, mix the mayonnaise with garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Divide the mixture between four fillets and coat on both sides.
- In a shallow dish combine your panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Then, pat down your panko crumbs onto the chicken. While youre doing this youll want to preheat your air fryer to about 390 degrees, lightly brush the air fryer basket with olive oil, and cook your chicken for 5-6 minutes before turning over and returning to the fryer for 4-6 minutes.
- Use an instant read meat thermometer to check if your chicken is done. Overcooked chicken will be dry and rubbery, while undercooked chicken is pink in the middle and can make you very, very sick. Using a meat thermometer to ensure your chicken is perfectly cooked all the way through isnt just convenient, its better for you! Thats why they do in the best restaurants, as well.
Don’t Miss: Best Outdoor Gas Pizza Oven
The Best Coating For Crunch
While some recipes make chicken breasts with mayo to stick the breadcrumbs on, I find the egg mixture allows the crumbs to stick better keeping the coating on the chicken.
Use a combination to get the best flavor and crunch! I use Panko bread crumbs along with cornflake crumbs and fresh parmesan cheese. Freshly shredded parmesan is best but in a pinch, grated will do.
What is Panko? If youre not familiar with Panko, theyre Japanese bread crumbs often found with the Asian items or with the other bread crumbs. They are a much lighter crispier crumb which results in a perfect coating.
I usually use an olive oil spray to spritz on top of the chicken before baking . Since I like having olive oil to spritz, I use an Olive Oil Sprayer which I fill with my own oil. Its perfect for this parmesan chicken, for greasing pans and even for spritzing on a salad to have a light dressing.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Air Fryer
Although when most people think of Italian food, their mind goes to pasta, pizza, and rich, ruby-red sauces, theres a whole lot more to Italian cuisine than that. A staple of Italian food, particularly in the northern regions, is tender, perfectly cooked meat. Typically, around the dinner table in an Italian household, meat is served during the secondi or main course. Often, Italians know how to get the most out of a great piece of meat, and even more out of a cheaper piece. Chicken, pork, and lamb are staples of this type of food.
One thing thats really cool about this recipe is that the air fryer makes it so crispy and tender. Of course, you can get similar results in an oven, but not with this level of convenience, and not without using way more oil. In the air fryer, we use less oil and it takes less time.
The trick here is to really perfect the coating. Were using Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs to get that crispy, characteristic finish. The crumbs seal moisture inside the chicken, and with the hint of seasoning from mayo bring a whole dimension of flavor to your chicken.
Well also be using mayonnaise to secure the seasoning on the chicken during the cooking process. Making dinner like this at home is a great way to have restaurant-quality meals at a lower price, and you dont even have to leave the house!
Don’t Miss: Lowes Double Oven Gas Range
Health Benefits Of Mayo
Lately Ive discovered the health benefits of mayonnaise and, let me tell you, it has changed my life! I was skeptical at firstthose rich, stiff cups of goop seemed more like a living creature than something with nutritional healing properties. But theres science behind this gunk! Let me give you some insight into why you need to start a regimen today. Mayo, mayonnaise is the perfect food. Im not kidding, its the solution to all your problems! LOL. Actually, there are some health benefits of mayo Youll love it!
1. Keep the Hair Healthy
According to the studies revealed that mayonnaise is very good to strengthen the hair and keep it healthy. It will also help to treat the dull or messed hair. For some people, they use mayonnaise as conditioner in order to smoothen the hair and make the hair silky. Applying the mayonnaise on the root of the hair will strengthen the hair and it will make the hair look shiny and healthy.
2. Treat the Skin
Another health benefit of mayonnaise is that it can help to treat the chapped or rough skin. According to the study of mayonnaise that it can even help to treat the sunburn skin. Applying the mayonnaise on the sunburn skin will make it soothing well. Mayonnaise is trusted as the removal of the dead skin cells and it will work when it is applied on feet chapped lips, elbow, and also another rough skin.
3. Keep the Heart Healthy
4. Keep the Skin Soft
5. Keep the Lungs Healthy
6. Control Sugar Level
7. Reduce Heart Attack
How To Make This Mayonnaise Chicken Recipe
Pound the chicken. To help the chicken cook more evenly, cover the raw chicken with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or even the bottom of a small saucepan to pound the thicker part of the chicken breast until its close to the size of the thinner part.
Season the breadcrumbs. In a wide, shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use a fork or a whisk to stir until everything is evenly distributed.
Bread the chicken. Using a spoon, or even clean hands, spread the mayonnaise all over the chicken breast. Then dip the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture, turning until its completely coated. Then, transfer the chicken to your prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
Bake the chicken. When all the chicken is coated, put the baking sheet into the oven for about 20 minutes. About halfway through cooking, turn the chicken to allow the breadcrumbs to crisp up evenly.
Continue to bake until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F. Then, remove the chicken and allow it to rest for about 5 10 minutes before serving.
Also Check: Target Cast Iron Dutch Oven
Whats Needed To Make This Parmesan Chicken Recipe
Boneless chicken breasts we used split chicken breasts
Mayo we used real mayonnaise, but you can use miracle whip or light mayonnaise if thats what you have
Grated parmesan cheese-you can use the green can kind of parmesan or grate your own
Garlic you can use freshly minced garlic or jarred minced garlic from the grocery store or even garlic powder
Kosher or sea salt and black pepper season the chicken to taste
Other Easy Chicken Recipes
- Preheat oven 375° F
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray or
- In a small mixing bowl, add the mayo, garlic, salt and pepper and stir to blend well.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on top of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top of each piece.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is not longer pick and reaches an internal temperature of 165° F
- Serve topped with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
Read Also: Bbq Pork Chops In The Oven Recipe
How To Make It
The first time we made this mayo chicken recipe, it was almost by accident. I saw an advertisement for a recipe spreading mayo on chicken breasts and sprinkling grated parmesan. I was intrigued, tried it, and I decided to make my own version.
Instead of spreading the mayo on the chicken and following a sprinkle of cheese , I mix equal parts of mayo and grated parmesan. Next, I add a tablespoon of dried chili flakes.
Lay the chicken thighs on your panseason with sea salt and pepper. Fold the thigh edges under to create a more tidy, round look.
Spread a full tablespoon of the cheese mayo mix on each chicken thigh and bake in a 380F oven for 40 minutes.
A perfect parmesan-crusted chicken dinner is ready and on the table.
- If parmesan is not available or you have other cheeses in your fridge, please use them! Fontina, Asiago, or Gruyere can all be used for this recipe. I am never afraid to experiment with cheese!
- You can use your own homemade mayo or a ready-made one. To be truthful, the ready-made mayo is better for this. Save your precious homemade for a different dish where it can shine on its own.
Whats In Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Grandma had two versions of this recipe, essentially the same but with one ingredient variation thats your call to make: To use mayo or butter to dredge the chicken breasts before the bread crumb mixture. Because it adds just a bit more tang and moisture to low-fat chicken breasts, I choose to use mayo most every time.
Heres what youll need for this recipe:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Also Check: Recipe For French Fries In Oven
Parmesan Chicken With Mayonnaise
Parmesan chicken with Mayonnaise is one of the best recipes I ever tasted. Its so good, that I dont think Ill ever be able to cook parmesan chicken with Mayonnaise any other way. You should try it. Not only do I put mayonnaise on my chicken, but my favorite way to eat chicken. Below are the health benefits fo eating chicken.
This healthy air fryer parmesan chicken is coated in a thick layer of cheese that bakes into a delicious crust. Its golden-brown and crispy, and the cheese forms a crust on top. When you cut into the meat, the cheese crumbles everywhere and oozes out to mix with the sauce. is wrapped in bacon with mayonnaise
My family really enjoys this parmesan chicken with Mayo recipe, and its so simple to make . It makes for a great meal served with pasta, veggies or rice. You can also serve it in sandwich form by spreading some mayonnaise on a bun before adding the chicken mixture! I like to use my healthful homemade mayonnaise.
Easy Mayo Parmesan Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure for more information. Published: Aug 12, 2022 by Dee
Easy Mayo Parmesan Chicken without breadcrumbs is a delicious recipe using chicken with mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. An easy weeknight meal and a family favorite that is also budget friendly!
Mayo Parmesan chicken is such an easy recipe that I make it several times a month. Luckily, my whole family loves this delicious recipe, so no complaints. My picky eaters approve!
I make my Parmesan crusted chicken recipe without breadcrumbs, but I know some folks like to add Italian breadcrumbs to this easy chicken recipe for a crispy crust.
You can add them if you like, but we love this melt in your mouth chicken as is.
This chicken dish comes together quickly with little prep. And in less than 30 minutes, you get tender juicy chicken that you can literally cut with a fork!
Don’t Miss: Can Tfal Pans Go In The Oven
How To Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken In An Air Fryer:
Cooking time will vary a bit based on the thickness of the chicken and how your air fryer cooks. If you are experienced with using your air fryer, you probably have a good idea. If not, cook to an internal temp of 165 degrees.
I prefer to cook Parmesan Crusted Chicken in the oven because it cooks all of the pieces at one time without any excess oil. Plus I don’t have to bother with flipping them.
There are pros and cons to each cooking method, but the end result will always be delicious!
By Step Directions For Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
I used half Panko bread crumbs and half Parmesan for this crushed chicken recipe. It adds the perfect crunchy coating to the chicken.
Mix together Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, and Garlic.
Cut Chicken Breast in half and add salt and pepper. Coat chicken with mayonnaise.
Place chicken in the bread crumb mixture and make sure to coat well by pressing down.
Turn the chicken over to coat both sides of the chicken.
Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray or olive oil.
Flip Chicken Over and continue cooking until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Oven Fish
The Clean Secret: How To Dredge The Chicken
When it comes to dredging anything and avoiding a big, clumpy mess is to use only one hand for all the dirty work. Transferring the meat, dredging, pattingKeeping one hand free is the key to keeping things clean.
Be sure to gently pat the bread crumb mixture into the mayo glazed chicken breasts then shake off any excess before baking.
Pairings For Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Delicious oven baked parmesan chicken is super versatile so the possibilities are practically endless! Narrow down your choices with tasty pairings that wont compete for room in the oven:
- These easy but flavorful air fryer vegetable sides are always a great choice. For picky eaters, try broccoli or cauliflower. More adventurous palates? Try Brussels sprouts or asparagus.
- Potatoes are always a fan fave. Get oven baked taste from your air fryer with classic wedges or crispy garlic parmesan nuggets.
- Risotto isnt a chore at all with either this Instant Pot recipe, or stovetop creamy cauliflower risotto.
- Want to keep it simple? Steamed white rice or quinoa make a terrific base.
- Go full Italian by turning parmesan crusted chicken into a pasta dish serve with creamy pesto or tomato cream sauce over your favorite noodles.
- Make it a salad night! Slice and serve over our easy Italian Salad or BLT Salad with hot bacon dressing or sub out for grilled in this chicken caprese salad.
Read Also: Brussel Sprout Recipe In Oven