Easy Roasted Vegetable Recipe
Its always sad when the holidays are over and all the tempting treats are gone but its always about this time my body starts to crave more healthy food after all the indulgent food Ive been eating. I guess its a good thing the holidays dont last forever.
I love this recipe because its a great way to load an abundance of fresh vegetables into one meal.
These are perfect served with a whole grain or alongside poultry, beef or fish. This is just one of those side dishes that goes with anything.
Crazy enough I didnt start cooking vegetables in the oven until later in life. I had no idea what I was missing out on!
My kids dont care much for vegetables but when I roast them its so much easier to get them to eat them. My daughter actually requests roasted Brussels sprouts all the time.
While this really isnt much a recipe its more just a method to get you started. Once you try roasted vegetables youll be hooked for life. It makes healthy eating much more enjoyable!
How To Make Roasted Vegetables Basic Recipe Overview
This is my go-to mix of roasted veggies.
- The seasoning is simple but tastes interesting and elevated enough to serve to guests.
- The blend of vegetables is universally appealing .
- It uses mostly pantry spices and offers layers of complementary flavors and textures.
This is a jumping-off point.
Feel free to swap out the below for any of your favorite roasted veggies and try new seasoning ideas too!
What To Serve With Roast Chicken
Want to dress up this rustic dinner? Serve your roast chicken with this Caramelized Onion and Thyme Risotto for a new spin on a traditional chicken and rice dinner. The risotto is also a great way to use up the extra fresh thyme youll have from the chicken recipe!
Ill take any slow cooker recipes, and this Crockpot Stuffing is perfect with a roast chicken. It saves some time and oven space during the busy holiday season, too!
Recommended Reading: Samsung Oven Won’t Heat Up
Roasted Vegetables Eggplant Zucchini Red Pepper Recipe
Roasted vegetables eggplant, zucchini red pepper are a delicious and healthy side dish. They are perfect for a summer meal. This oven roasted vegetables recipe is simple comfort food. Sweet potatoes, peppers, eggplant, apples and rosemary create a delicious side dish.
How To Serve Roasted Vegetables
These roasted vegetables are incredibly versatile. They make the perfect side for all sorts of entrées! Try pairing them with one of these top-rated main dishes:
2tablespoonschopped fresh rosemary, or more to taste
1tablespoonchopped fresh thyme, or more to taste
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Recommended Reading: Bbq Ribs Baked In The Oven
How Do You Keep Roasted Vegetables Warm
Roasted vegetables taste best when you eat them immediately, straight from the oven. But if youre cooking for a crowd and need to keep them warm for a few hours before serving, place them in your oven drawer or keep them warm in a low-temperature ovenaround 200°F.
To reheat roasted vegetables, drizzle them with a little more oil and stick them in a 450°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes until theyre warmed through. You can also broil them for a few minutes.
How To Make Roasted Vegetables With Peanut Sauce
This Roasted Vegetables with Peanut Sauce recipe is so easy! Just toss all of your veggies on a sheet pan with olive oil and roast for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are partially cooked through and slightly browned and crispy. Meanwhile, whisk all of the ingredients together for the peanut sauce and drizzle on top of the veggies once they are cooked. Top with chopped green onions and chopped peanuts.
To make these peanut roasted vegetables a complete meal, you can serve it over whole-grain brown rice, add tofu to your sheet pan or add in chicken. You can cook the tofu or chicken right on the sheet pan tossed with the vegetables and olive oil. If you are cooking chicken, flip halfway through and make sure it i
Read Also: Brussel Sprouts Recipe In Oven
The Best Oven Roasted Vegetables
Deliciously seasoned roasted vegetables made quickly and effortlessly. Oven Roasted Vegetables are a quick and easy 20 minute side-dish that is also healthy, tasty, and great served alongside meat, fish, or rice.
Also, this is a perfect meal-prep dish. I save lots of time by roasting several large sheet pans of veggies on a Sunday night, and then simply reheat them right before lunch or dinner for the rest of the week.
This awesome veggie treat has been my go-to side dish lately because I cant pass up a Farmers Market if my life depended on it. I see a veggie/fruit/pumpkin Stand, and I STOP! I just hop on out of the car, take everything theyve got on display, and continue on my journey.
I live in Indiana, friends. Farmers Markets last a whole, what, like, 3 months around here?! SO, I just take full advantage.
Which Keto Roasted Vegetables To Make Together
Choosing the best vegetables to roast is important, but its just as important to choose ones that will go well together. Dont just pick a bunch and hope for the best!
The key to roasting mixed vegetables is to choose ones that cook at a similar speed.
How do you know that? The primary factors are the hardness of the vegetables and the water content. In particular, root vegetables take longer to roast than others, but most of these are higher in carbs as well.
My oven roasted vegetables recipe combines veggies that take about the same amount of time to cook, so they work perfectly together.
Read Also: Ge Self Cleaning Oven How To
What To Make With Leftover Chicken
I love a whole roasted chicken because everyone can pick their favorite pieces and theres nothing like the smell of a roast chicken cooking away on a fall or winter Sunday afternoon! But sometimes there is a lot of leftover meat.
So, what should you make with leftover chicken to up your quick weeknight dinner game?
Pot pie is a family favorite, but that pastry topping can be so much work. This Chicken and Biscuits Pot Pie is a simple comfort food meal made with biscuits instead of pie crust but the same delicious filling!
Looking for something lighter? Apple Pecan Chicken Salad is a great creamy summer or fall dish thats totally gluten-free!
And of course, theres always tacos! These Roast Chicken Soft Tacos with Cilantro Cream are super simple to pull together on a busy weeknight with some of this leftover roast chicken.
Roast The Poblanos And Tomatillos
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Remove the husks from the tomatillos and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet along with the poblano peppers. No cutting needed for this step. Pop those in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping the poblanos halfway. The beautiful aroma of roasted vegetables starts now.
Don’t Miss: Best Oven Pork Chop Recipe
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- 8 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 8 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
How to cook:
What temperature do you set the oven to roast vegetables?
Roasting vegetables at 400 degrees F is optimal. Use the bake function and 375 degrees Fahrenheit in a convection oven. Don’t Cram the Frying Pan! Roasting vegetables requires a baking sheet large enough to hold them in a single layer without any overlap.
How Long should I roast vegetables?
What goes well with roasted vegetables?
What would you serve with ratatouille?
You Should Try These Oven Roasted Vegetables
Oven roasted vegetables are a classic side dish! A bounty of tender, crisp and yummy veggies always adds a cozy happy feeling to the dinner table.
This tried-and-true recipe is simple and easy to make in less than one hour with one sheet pan. It uses your choice of roasting vegetables like sweet potatoes, broccoli, peppers, and fresh herbs. We toss these with tangy balsamic vinegar, honey, and vibrant herbs for deep, delicious flavor in every bite.
Nothing complicated here – and you can customize to your tastes! In fact, what makes this truly the best roasted vegetables recipe is its versatility.
Yes, it is fantastic to enjoy as a healthy low carb and gluten free side dish. The combination of veggies and seasonings is so flavorful that it’s easy to make the star of a meal!
Serve as an appetizer or vegetarian main dish for the holidays. Or, roast and use the veggies in other recipes as a hearty filling for wraps and bowls.
Did I tell you they’re brilliant to include in your weekly meal prep? Yeah, isn’t that great? I am sure you’ll discover all kinds of wonderful ways to enjoy them!
*For more healthy and satisfying dishes, be sure to also try these fantastic recipes:
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes – simple but with a bit of fancy flair, this recipe is great for holiday celebrations.
Sweet Potato: Firm and sweet root vegetable.
Red Potatoes: Leave the skin on for minerals and flavor.
Zucchini: Mild in flavor, fresh and moist when roasted.
You May Like: Stainless Steel Pan In Oven
Roasted Vegetables With Peanut Sauce + Giveaway
Roasted Vegetables with Peanut Sauce is loaded with pea pods, broccoli, carrots and peppers and topped with a flavorful peanut sauce! Cooked on 1 sheet pan and ready in 20 minutes.
Vegetables during the holiday season? Yes! December is filled with a ton of indulgent food but then my body craves veggies and these taste amazing. This Roasted Vegetables with Peanut Sauce recipe is great for a holiday gathering but I also like to make it for my family to enjoy as a healthy side dish during the holiday season. You can easily turn it into a main meal by adding chicken or tofu and serving it over a whole grain rice.
**Keep reading for a peanut lover’s giveaway!
These Roasted Vegetables with Peanut Sauce are a family friendly meal. Skip the red pepper flakes if serving this dish to kids. You can easily prep this dish ahead of time for a holiday gathering and reheat when needed although it is best served right out of the oven.
What To Serve With Oven Roasted Vegetables
DO YOU LOVE ROASTED VEGETABLES?
Id love to hear about your experience in the comments below!
- If this post is helpful to you, it would mean the world to me if you left a 5-star review. It supports my site and keeps me motivated too!
- Dont miss the Every Night Roasted Vegetable Guide in my cookbook. It has more of my favorite creative seasoning blends and ways to use roasted vegetables.
Recommended Reading: Whirlpool Oven With Air Fryer
How To Season Roasted Vegetables
No matter what type of vegetable youre roasting, you need some kind of fat in order to promote browning. Next, add seasoning in order to flavor your vegetables. Some ideas include:
- Spices: You cant go wrong with salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, or a mix of dried spices, like in this garlic-herb pattypan squash recipe.
- Dressing: Try balsamic vinegar or Italian dressing, like with these zesty roasted vegetables.
- Citrus: A squeeze of lemon juice will brighten up your veggies, like with this lemon pepper roasted broccoli.
- Sweeteners: Try maple syrup, brown sugar, honey or another sweetener, like in this agave roasted parsnip recipe.
Toss the vegetables with the oil and seasonings to evenly coat. For an easy roasted vegetable recipe, simply use olive oil, salt and pepper.
How To Roast A Chicken In A Dutch Oven
Dutch oven roast chicken is a great dinner party dish or for a cozy weekend meal! Heres a quick list of the steps for making it, but be sure read the full recipe in the card below.
STEP 1: Preheat the oven with a rack set in the second slot from the bottom. Make sure your Dutch oven fits before you preheat!
STEP 2: Drain and dry your chicken with paper towels. Stuff the bird with lemon, shallots, thyme, salt, and pepper.
STEP 3: Truss the chicken with kitchen twine. If youve never done this before, you simply tie the wings together and the legs together across the top of the breast. Melt some butter and brush all over the chicken before seasoning with salt and pepper.
STEP 4: Grease your Dutch oven with butter. I recommend using at least a 7-quart Dutch oven. Add the carrots, onions, and garlic to the edges of the pan, leaving space for the chicken in the center. Season veggies with thyme, salt, and pepper.
STEP 5: Position the chicken on one of its sides in the center of the Dutch oven, scatter cubed butter over the veggies, and drizzle the veggies with olive oil.
STEP 6: Roast for about half an hour before flipping the chicken to the other side and roasting another half hour. Then, turn the chicken breast-side up and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes.
STEP 7: Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil while the chicken rests. You can also cover the Dutch oven with a lid or foil to keep the vegetables warm.
Recommended Reading: Air Fryer And Toaster Oven Combo
Tips For Perfectly Roasted Vegetables
- DO NOT overlap the veggies. You want one single layer of vegetables. I advise to use a large sheet pan 12 x 16 is a good size.
- Stir the veggies halfway through cooking.
- Use your favorite seasonings and spices, and adjust the amounts to your preference.
- Continue roasting until the vegetables are easily pierced with a fork or knife and they are showing crispy, charred bits at the edges. I like my veggies crisp-tender. The other three in this household like a SOFT tender veg. Thus, since majority rules we end up with crisp-tender vegetables.
- Before serving, add grated parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley. Cheese, for sure!
Tips For Roasting Vegetables
- Use a high heat. Typically for roasted vegetables the ideal range is 400 450 degrees. Always preheat oven first.
- Use a dark baking sheet if you have one. This dark coating encourages browning. I hate them for baking but theyre great for vegetables.
- Spread even and try not to overcrowd.
- Season. Really theyre great with just salt but for more flavor try with garlic, curry powder, fresh or dried herbs, cheese, vinegars, citrus, sesame oil, honey, taco seasoning, bacon, mustard, pesto, etc. Keep in mind things like honey and cheese youll want to add closer to the end so it doesnt burn.
- Dont forget to toss halfway. The edges of the baking sheet cook hotter than the center, plus if you dont toss they may brown too much on the bottom.
You May Like: Cooking Chicken In The Oven Temperature
What To Do With Roasted Vegetables
In addition to serving roasted veggies as an easy side dish, here are a few of my other favorite ways to use them:
- Pasta. Roasted veggies are delicious tossed into a pasta dish like Pasta al Limone.
- Pizza. Upgrade your pizza night by topping my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough with roasted vegetables.
- Grilled Cheese. Tuck roasted vegetables into an Air Fryer Grilled Cheese.
- Salad. With roasted veggies, a bed of lettuce, your favorite mix-ins, and a little dressing, youve got a fabulous salad!
- Stir Fry. Roasted vegetables will add depth of flavor to your favorite stir fries like Beef Lo Mein or Healthy Fried Rice. Swap the Dijon for additional olive oil and omit the Italian seasoning and Parmesan.
- Eggs. Toss the veggies into an omelette or scrambled eggs for a tasty breakfast, or add them to an Egg White Frittata or Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole.
How To Roast Vegetables In The Oven
This method to cook vegetables couldnt be easier!
- Chop veggies: cut veggies into pieces about the same size, place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss with oil and seasoning: Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper then toss.
- Spread across baking sheet and roast: Spread evenly so vegetables cook evenly and roast 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, continue to roast: Remove from oven add tomatoes and toss mixture, spread even again.
- Roast 10 minutes longer or until veggies are tender.
You can roast just about any vegetable. Just use the same simple methodchop , drizzle with oil, season, toss and roast. Toss once or twice through baking.
Just keep in mind different vegetables take various amounts of time so I usually like to roast vegetables with the same cook time together .
You May Like: Ninja Foodi 10-in-1 Xl Pro Air Fry Oven Recipes